Islam: Misunderstood throughout the World
I bear witness that there is no deity worthy to be worshipped but Allah and I bear witness that Muhammad is His servant and messenger.
2011-10-13 19:53:32 UTC
Islam: Misunderstood throughout the World

James A. Bill (professor of government and director of the Reves
Center for International Studies at the College of William and Mary in
Virginia) writes - 'By the turn of the century, for the first time in
history, the number of Muslims (those who practice Islam) will have
surpassed the number of Christians in the world.

Islam is a monotheistic religion, civilization and way of life now
practiced by 1.1 billion people. Easily the world's fastest growing
religion, Islam is not confined to the Middle East. It is a truly
universal force. More Muslims live in America today than all the
Presbyterians and Episcopalians put together.

There are more than 1,200 mosques in the United States and 1000
mosques in England, where the Muslim community has established its own
national parliament. There are more Muslims in Indonesia than in
Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Syria and Saudi Arabia put together. More live in
Malaysia than in Jordan, Lebanon and Kuwait combined. Nearly 20
million Muslims live in China.

Wherever one looks, Islam is on the move. As the people of many
societies find themselves rootless, disconnected and alienated, they
increasingly seek help in a comforting Islamic ideological refuge. In
a world of incoherent violence, widening inequities, political
corruption and shattered families, many are massing behind the green
flag of Islam. This is essentially a populist movement, a bubbling up
from below, a march of the distressed, the dispossessed and the
oppressed. ....

… Although the great bulk of Muslims seek to improve their status
through quiet, moderate and pacific means, violent methods have been
adopted by fringe groups—elements also present in Christianity and
Judaism. Oblivious to their own profound ignorance and often harboring
crude political motivations, many Western opinion leaders consistently
label all Muslims with words such as 'aggressive', 'militant' and
'uncivilized'. Islam is the 'religion of the sword'; Muslim activists
are 'terrorists,' and Muslims countries that challenge Western
policies are 'outlaw states'.

Muslims themselves maintain quite a different worldview. It is in the
deepest interest of the United States to attempt to understand this
perspective. In brief, Muslims see themselves as the afflicted, not
the afflictors; they feel themselves desperately on the defensive, not
on the offensive; they consider themselves the objects of violence,
not the initiators of violence. In sum, Muslims across the world
consider themselves victims. In support of their position, Muslims
will take their Christian and Jewish neighbors on a quick tour of the
world. They inevitably begin with Bosnia, where nearly 200,000 Muslims
have been slaughtered by Serbian Christians. Muslims are horrified and
sickened by the fact that 22,000 Muslim women, aged 9 to 82, have been
raped by Christian troopers. Muslims wonder privately about the weak
and very late Western response.

In Kashmir, Indian occupying forces violently oppress Muslims, killing
thousands of Kashmiris. Elsewhere in India in December 1992 and
January 1993, violent Hindu mobs went on a rampage in Bombay, killing
over 800 Muslims, destroying 5000 Muslim homes and forcing 200,000
Muslims to flee the city. Mosques were firebombed and mothers watched
as their sons were pulled from their homes and slain or burned alive.
In Tajikstan and other places in Central Asia, the Communists have
made a comeback and, with the help of Russian troops, have attacked
and killed more than 20,000 Muslims. Another 350,000 have been forced
to flee.

Even in China, Muslims find themselves under heavy military pressure.
Chinese troops oppress Muslims in the western province of Xinjiang.

Even in many of the predominantly Muslim countries of the Middle East,
Muslims find themselves under attack where the leadership is
essentially secular. In Iraq, Saddam Hussein continues his war of
genocide against the Shi'ites in the south.

In Algeria, when the Islamists scored a surprise victory in the
December 1991 elections, the regime declared the election null and
void. Since then, Algeria has been the scene of a bloody civil war.
The government blames Islamic fundamentalists of striking terror in
the very same areas where they had received majority of votes from.
The governments explanation of fundamentalists unleashing waves of
terror in their own strongholds, sounds very plausible indeed and
casts shadows of dound over the credentials of the secular government
instead.

In Egypt, Hosni Mubarak's regime, facing widespread disaffection of
its people, pursues a policy of torture and execution of members of
the Muslim opposition. In March 1993, his troops fired upon 500
unarmed Muslims at prayer in the Rahman Mosque in Aswan, killing nine
and injuring 50. In the West Bank, another more widely publicized
mosque massacre occurred a year later in Hebron when a Jewish settler
killed 30 in a group of praying Muslims before the survivors could
beat him to death. This litany of anti-Islamic violence is recognized
and recited by Muslims everywhere. The situation is exacerbated when
Muslims incredulously find themselves labeled as terrorists and when
Western governments encourage their secular Middle Eastern allies to
confront Muslim populist movements with brute force. One result of
these Western perceptions and policies, of course, is that they begin
to radicalize the huge mass of moderate Muslim believers. Meanwhile,
the extremists on the fringes become more active and militant.

A vicious cycle of misunderstanding, misguided policy and increasing
violence has been set in motion. Before this vicious cycle begins to
spin wildly out of control, it is essential that non-Muslims make a
major effort to slow it down. Such an effort will, as the very first
step, require that stereotypes be discarded.

Second, recent history shows that the application of force is not
always an effective way of countering a system of deeply held ideas
and beliefs. The steady flame of resurgent Islam will not be
extinguished by the breeze of bullets or the blast of missiles. A
recently published report in Washington Post, confirms Islam to be the
fastest growing religion in the United States despite hostile
government policies and negative media stereotyping, only goes on to
prove the truth of this statement. It is time for everyone to take a
crash course on Islam. More recently, CNN too published a report,
first of US kind ever done in this part of the World, titled as: Islam
in US - Growing and maturing.'

http://english.islamway.net/bindex.php?section=article&id=91
Laughing Muslim
2011-10-13 20:30:50 UTC
"I bear witness that there is no deity worthy to be worshipped but Allah and
I bear witness that Muhammad is His servant and messenger."
<***@gmail.com> wrote in message news:c236c774-0ad3-4dda-bb5b-***@u2g2000yqi.googlegroups.com...
Islam: Misunderstood dangerous the World

Colombian Soccer Player Detained in Saudi Arabia Over Jesus Tattoo
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/10/11/colombian-soccer-player-arrested-in-saudi-arabia-over-jesus-tattoo/#ixzz1ahC9ZWXC

Yet Lie-Man and his trolls say that Islam has a place in the West. What are
they thinking?
trueman
2011-10-15 16:57:44 UTC
Post by Laughing Muslim
"I bear witness that there is no deity worthy to be worshipped but Allah and
Islam: Misunderstood dangerous the World
Colombian Soccer Player Detained in Saudi Arabia Over Jesus Tattoohttp://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/10/11/colombian-soccer-player-arres...
Yet Lie-Man and his trolls say that Islam has a place in the West.  What are
they thinking?
Judging by the actual situation as it is about Islam's place in the
west when one sees mosques in every city of Western Europe, an overall
population of 10 million and growing it kind of renders your question
as pure hyperbole, out of touch with the reality and out dated. Go put
your head in a gas oven.
j***@satx.rr.com
2011-10-15 17:57:02 UTC
Dare To Inquire: "The Bloody Borders of Islam"

, by Bruce Kodish

Political scientist Samuel Huntington has made some interesting
comments on the current state of international politics in which he
trys to explain the disproportionate world-wide involvement of Muslims
in violence and terrorism, what he calls the "bloody borders of
Islam."

Huntington has noted that:
"While groups from all religions have engaged in various forms of
violence and terrorism, the figures make it clear that in the past
decade Muslims have been involved in far more of these activities than
people of other religions. One of the things that attracted a lot of
attention in The Clash of Civilizations was my use of the phrase "the
bloody borders of Islam." But if you look around the Muslim world you
see that in the 1990s Muslims were fighting non-Muslims in Bosnia,
Kosovo, Macedonia, Chechnya, Azerbaijan, Tajikistan, Kashmir,
Indonesia, the Philippines, the Middle East, Sudan, Nigeria, and other
places. Muslims have been fighting one another also. The International
Institute for Strategic Studies surveyed the armed conflicts going on
in the world in 2000, and its figures show that twenty-three of the
thirty-two conflicts under way involved Muslims.
Why is this?"

For Huntington's complete comments, read Religion, Culture, and
International Conflict After September 11

http://www.newciv.org/nl/newslog.php/_v256/__show_article/_a000256-000091.htm
Laughing Muslim
2011-10-15 19:51:07 UTC
Post by Laughing Muslim
"I bear witness that there is no deity worthy to be worshipped but Allah and
I bear witness that Muhammad is His servant and
Islam: Misunderstood dangerous the World
Colombian Soccer Player Detained in Saudi Arabia Over Jesus
Tattoohttp://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/10/11/colombian-soccer-player-arres...
Yet Lie-Man and his trolls say that Islam has a place in the West. What
are
they thinking?
Judging by the actual situation as it is about Islam's place in the
west when one sees mosques in every city of Western Europe, an overall
population of 10 million and growing it kind of renders your question
as pure hyperbole, out of touch with the reality and out dated. Go put
your head in a gas oven.
"Go put your head in a gas oven." A little a Frueudian slip there Lie-Man?
Is that the muslim plan? To take over the West and exterminate the
Infidels, in gas ovens, just like the Nazi's did to the Jews? Of course you
think islam has a place in the West. It's all part of the master plan.
Right Lie-man?
trueman
2011-10-16 10:52:53 UTC
Post by Laughing Muslim
[...]
There is no master plan, no takeover bid but just a natural social/
global evolutionary process in progress. It is part and parcel of a
much Grander strategy of Almighty and nothing can or will stop it.
As regards to your paranoia with the word gas I cant help you but once
again let me tell you that I don't hate Jews, I think they have been
throughout the history a very clever people some times a bit too
cunning and conniving for their own good as history will tell you but
they have done well in all societies in particular whilst living in
Muslim countries .
Laughing Muslim
2011-10-16 12:15:03 UTC
Post by trueman
There is no master plan, no takeover bid but just a natural social/
global evolutionary process in progress. It is part and parcel of a
much Grander strategy of Almighty and nothing can or will stop it.
As regards to your paranoia with the word gas I cant help you but once
again let me tell you that I don't hate Jews, I think they have been
throughout the history a very clever people some times a bit too
cunning and conniving for their own good as history will tell you but
they have done well in all societies in particular whilst living in
Muslim countries .
If by a "much Grander strategy of Almighty and nothing can or will stop it"
you mean that the Almighty is beginning to stop the spread of islam in the
West, you're right. Major European leaders have already stated that
"multiculturism i.e. islam" in Europe is a failure. Many are asking when
the USA will say the same thing. Soon I predict.
trueman
2011-10-16 14:32:55 UTC
Post by Laughing Muslim
Post by trueman
[...]
I see I am talking to an ignoramus. The USA is the very essence of
'Multiculturism' and it is very fundamental to its constitution.
It is a nation consisting of Immigrants from around the Globe. As it
is otherwise known the "melting pot" of nationalities. Hadn't you
better go to school its getting late.
j***@satx.rr.com
2011-10-16 18:25:25 UTC
Is Islam in US growing arithmatically, or geomatrically ?

Quite to the contrary, Islam is the most rapidly decreasing religion
in the world, and the United States is a prime example of that.

In 2000, Muslims made up 0.8 to 1.2% of the population. In 2007, that
number had shrunk to only 0.6% per capita according to the CIA
factbook.

However, in the rest of the world, it is supposedly growing steadily,
at a rate near equivalent to that of 20 years ago.

Update: to the fool below, who obviously has no concept of
sociological research methodology, in the non-Muslim world, the Muslim
population is decreasing all around except for in countries with high
migrant worker populations. It is a fact of life that Islam has fallen
out of favor. Nevertheless, within the Arab world especially, the
number is increasing very, very rapidly.

To discount scientific study in favor of vehement, baseless
proclamation is ignorance at its finest.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080728135805AAUA2uX
trueman
2011-10-17 10:09:54 UTC
Post by j***@satx.rr.com
Is Islam in US growing arithmatically, or geomatrically ?
You probably haven't realized that this is not the subject of this
thread at all.
Laughing Muslim
2011-10-16 19:57:18 UTC
Post by Laughing Muslim
Post by trueman
[...]
Oh Lie-Man, when will you ever learn? True, we are a nation of immigrants.
However, the one true fact is; this nation of immigrants looks at islam with
a jaundice eye. That my learned friend, or should I say ignoraNus, is a
fact.
trueman
2011-10-17 10:24:01 UTC
Post by Laughing Muslim
Post by trueman
[...]
Listen boy, the only jaundice eye for the American Muslims is.....
דזשאָנדאַס אויג פון יהודים.
Laughing Muslim
2011-10-17 10:54:29 UTC
Post by trueman
Listen boy, the only jaundice eye for the American Muslims is.....
Listen Boy? What's wrong Lie-Man, are you turning into a little muslim
pussy? Are you feeling sorry for yourself because Americans are very
skeptical and tired of muslims? That's understandable. I dont know that
I'd want to hang out in a country that has no respect for myself or my
friends. Here's an idea; How about you and all your muslim friends move to a
muslim country that will treat you very nice. Like Iraq, Pakistan, or even
Iran. Have a great time. Say hi to Mohmamed for me.

.
Kayed Al-Kuffar

We are Muslims and we are extremely proud of it.