An atheist says: For many atheists, atheism is indeed a religion.
p***@yahoo.com
2008-04-05 15:24:36 UTC
I'm an atheist I have come to the conclusion that for *lesser*
atheists,
atheists is indeed a religion. These are people were raised as
believers,
but became fed up and left their faith. I myself was brought up
without
any religion. But for lesser atheists, the damage that religion tends
to do
to a person's cognitive abilities was done and they will never be able
to reason independently. Case in point, the atheists who insist that
Muslims perpetrated 9/11, even though all the facts say otherwise.
Like some other believers they have unquestionable, irrational,
childish
faith in whatever their government or media tell them to believe and
they mock anyone who questions them, just as fundamentalist
Christians mock atheists.
Ken
2008-04-05 15:46:21 UTC
Post by p***@yahoo.com
I'm an atheist I have come to the conclusion that for *lesser*
atheists,
atheists is indeed a religion.
Your "conclusion" is every bit as correct as one who is saying that
"bald is a hair color", "not collecting stamps is a hobby" and "Soccer
is a religion"...(which is actually true in some parts of the World)
Lee
2008-04-05 16:40:27 UTC
Post by p***@yahoo.com
[...]
So in a nut shell you are saying "I am all wise so think like me or you
cannot be a full atheist"

So if I disagree with your views on 9/11, by that logic I then have to
believe in some part of a god.

Bizarre!
Free Lunch
2008-04-05 17:27:27 UTC
On Sat, 5 Apr 2008 17:40:27 +0100, in alt.atheism
Post by Lee
Post by p***@yahoo.com
[...]
If we go on further, I'm sure that plentynuts will declare that reality
is a god that you worship.
Post by Lee
Bizarre!
Quite.
Lee
2008-04-05 18:33:40 UTC
Post by Lee
Post by p***@yahoo.com
[...]
As long as it don't start tithing me it ok I guess.
Post by Free Lunch
Post by Lee
Bizarre!
Quite.
John Baker
2008-04-05 20:38:27 UTC
Post by Lee
Post by p***@yahoo.com
[...]
You weren't really expecting a conspiracy loon to make sense, were
you? <G>
Lee
2008-04-05 21:08:52 UTC
Post by John Baker
Post by Lee
Post by p***@yahoo.com
[...]
Don't know I am still trying to figure out which bit of god to believe in.
=]
Sanity's Little Helper
2008-04-05 20:52:37 UTC
@m44g2000hsc.googlegroups.com...
Post by p***@yahoo.com
[...]
ROTFLMAO!!!!

Nut shell, maybe, but to Plenty, it's home.
--
David Silverman D.B.E.
BAAWA

Not authentic without this signature.
p***@worldonline.nl
2008-04-05 16:41:09 UTC
Post by p***@yahoo.com
[...]
The greater atheist refrains from calling others "lesser"
And by the way I think it was Osama bin Laden, who told us the 9/11
perpetrators were "good" muslims. As far as I know Osama is not an
atheist.

You might be good advised to think more before you post.

Peter van Velzen
March 2008
Amstelveen
The Netherlands

snipped to NG's for which this seems off topic
_ Prof. Jonez _
2008-04-05 16:41:28 UTC
Go fuck yourself.
raven1
2008-04-05 17:12:00 UTC
You've yet to list a single one.
Free Lunch
2008-04-05 17:28:10 UTC
That is the power of conspiracies. They hide all of the evidence.
Free Lunch
2008-04-05 17:26:25 UTC
On Sat, 5 Apr 2008 08:24:36 -0700 (PDT), in alt.atheism
I'm an atheist I have come to the conclusion that for *lesser* atheists,
atheists is indeed a religion. These are people were raised as believers,
but became fed up and left their faith. I myself was brought up without
any religion. But for lesser atheists, the damage that religion tends to do
to a person's cognitive abilities was done and they will never be able
to reason independently. Case in point, the atheists who insist that
Muslims perpetrated 9/11, even though all the facts say otherwise.
Wow. I guess that worshipping conspiracy theories is not a religion in
your delusional mind.
I am happy to be *lesser* than you. I am able to still use my mind.
_ Prof. Jonez _
Lesser as in less stupid ...
2008-04-05 17:30:00 UTC
Post by p***@yahoo.com
[...]
Atheism is one of the world's least tolerant religions.

As a group, I'd say the Muslims are the sickest religious group there
is, but at least most Muslims allow for freedom of religion.

Really most people have no problems with Christians, Atheists or
Muslims. The problem arise when the Christians, Atheists or Muslims
become too militant or extreme or out of balance.

The moderate theist accepts a moderate atheist, just as a moderate
atheist accepts a moderate theist.

It is out of balance, extreme views that sets one apart.

Problems within society do not come from Muslims...the problems come
from extreme Muslims.

Same with all the rest whether Christian or Atheist...seek
balance...seek inner peace within and with all.

Ken Humphreys talks about 'getting high' on religion. We can also get
high on hatred and other emotions, so there are many areas to look out
for when the subject turns to balanced living.

Many people gravitate towards extreme views since this works magic on
blinding them from the pain in their lives.

A few years ago I read an article in the Wall Street Journal about a
con man named Charles Ponzi. He was credited with inventing the first
pyramid scheme.

The article stated when Ponzi was interviewed he was asked how he was
able to swindle so many people so easily, his responded, "When a man's
mind is concentrated he is blind."

This case of having your mind concentrated to the point of blindness
is not anything new. The ancient philosophers new this well. They
called it "putting passion before reason."

Both these areas of passion and reason where the foundation of much
philosophical discussion of ethics and virtue with the ancient Greeks.
They knew when passion rules the mind, that the only job left for
reason is that of the subservient task to find cleaver ways to satisfy
the passions.

When our minds are occupied with too much wreckage of the past, too
many problems and complexities and out of control passions then there
is little room left in it for reasoning. It is then easy to fall into
extreme thinking.

Take care,

V (Male)

Agnostic Freethinker
Practical Philosopher
Futurist
Urban Homesteader
Agnostic minister of secular humanism to the mind-
manacled...spiritually sick...defiance based atheist.
AA#2
Free Lunch
2008-04-05 17:50:02 UTC
On Sat, 5 Apr 2008 10:30:00 -0700 (PDT), in alt.atheism
Post by V
Post by p***@yahoo.com
[...]
Atheism is not a religion, but it is not tolerated by religions because
lack of faith in gods is a direct attack on all religions. It is much
easier to fight over who understands God better or who worships the
right god than it is to see someone who says that there is no reason to
believe in any gods. The mullahs, priests, and ministers rely on the
existence of other religions to help justify their own.
Post by V
As a group, I'd say the Muslims are the sickest religious group there
is, but at least most Muslims allow for freedom of religion.
Really? What happens to a Moslem who abandons Islam in an Islamic
country?
Post by V
Really most people have no problems with Christians, Atheists or
Muslims. The problem arise when the Christians, Atheists or Muslims
become too militant or extreme or out of balance.
Tolerance is a necessity of a pluralistic society, but Christians and
Moslems have proven that they will kill in the name of their God if they
have the chance.
Post by V
[...]
I notice that you never made any effort to defend your erroneous claim
about atheism. Why did you make such a foolish claim?
AA#2
Ken
2008-04-05 17:58:25 UTC

Because that's what troll's do?
p***@yahoo.com
2008-04-05 19:46:32 UTC
Post by V
Atheism is one of the world's least tolerant religions.
Greater atheism employs logic and science. Richard Dawkins is
more in this category. Lesser atheists are basically irrational,
wounded ex-believers who would be happy to burn preachers
at the stake.
Post by V
As a group, I'd say the Muslims are the sickest religious group there
is, but at least most Muslims allow for freedom of religion.
But you're not allowed to question or criticize key topics under
Islam.
Parts of the Muslim world that strive to be totalitarian find
justification in that. Islam needs to be brought into the 21st
century.
Post by V
Really most people have no problems with Christians
It's Dominionism that angers people most, rightly so because it's
thinly veiled fascism.
George
2008-04-05 19:54:01 UTC
Post by p***@yahoo.com
Post by V
Atheism is one of the world's least tolerant religions.
Greater atheism employs logic and science. Richard Dawkins is
more in this category. Lesser atheists are basically irrational,
wounded ex-believers who would be happy to burn preachers
at the stake.
Bunkum!
You don't kill the butt of the joke.
There is atheism or not atheism...
David V.
2008-04-05 23:00:41 UTC
Post by p***@yahoo.com
Greater atheism employs logic and science.
Which proves you are a christian since you have proven beyond a
doubt that you are unable to use either of those concepts.
--
Dave

You measure a democracy by the freedom it gives its dissidents,
not the freedom it gives its assimilated conformists.
- Abbie Hoffman
Tervicz
2008-04-05 18:34:33 UTC
Post by p***@yahoo.com
[...]
A religion is an ideology built on the notion of deities. I.o.w. a
religion tells how people should live their life in relation to these
deities. Atheism is not an ideology and says nothing about how people
should live their lives. Ideologies can be constructed with an
atheistic or non-confessional notion, such as capitalism, communism,
humanism, democracy... But it does not tell people how they should
live, no more than monotheism or polytheism does. It is a simple
disbelief in deities.
_ Prof. Jonez _
2008-04-06 18:19:06 UTC
Post by Tervicz
Post by p***@yahoo.com
[...]
Other than NOT in relationship to any deities.
Post by Tervicz
Ideologies can be constructed with an
atheistic or non-confessional notion, such as capitalism, communism,
humanism, democracy... But it does not tell people how they should
live, no more than monotheism or polytheism does. It is a simple
disbelief in deities.
And a healthy disdain and contempt for the stammering superstitious asswipes
out there who bray like hyenas to imaginary god creatures.
Syd M.
2008-04-05 20:42:13 UTC
Post by p***@yahoo.com
I'm an atheist I have come to the conclusion that for *lesser*
atheists,
atheists is indeed a religion.
I have come to the conclusion that you are not a atheist since your
"arguments" are BS.

PDW
Sanity's Little Helper
2008-04-05 20:50:42 UTC
Post by p***@yahoo.com
I'm an atheist
That's as maybe, but you're also a bat-shit crazy conspiracy theorist,
which only goes to show....

Hud
2008-04-05 20:58:01 UTC
Atheism is just another -ism.
Free Lunch
2008-04-05 22:01:18 UTC
On Sat, 5 Apr 2008 16:58:01 -0400, in alt.atheism
Post by Hud
Atheism is just another -ism.
Normally not, it's the absense thereof. Plenty900 does subscribe to an
-ism, but it's not related to reality.
Preventer of Work
2008-04-06 02:29:41 UTC
Only a closet islamist would say something like that.
Thurisaz, warrior of Thor
2008-04-06 05:32:31 UTC
...the atheists who insist that
Muslims perpetrated 9/11, even though all the facts say otherwise.
Dude, I'm still waiting for you to present any of those "facts" you claim to
have.

Note that your "facts" will have to be something else than the points
thoroughly debunked on sites like www.debunking911.com.
--
Thurisaz, warrior of Thor, natural enemy of morontheism

The judgment of morontheism: http://www.carcosa.de/nojebus
Pastor Dave
2008-04-08 01:23:45 UTC
Post by p***@yahoo.com
I'm an atheist I have come to the conclusion that
for *lesser* atheists, atheists is indeed a religion.
You have a religion also.
--
The church does not determine what Scripture teaches;
Scripture determines what the church teaches.

If a tradition or experience is contrary to the
teachings of Scripture, it is not of the Lord.

Reason is a significant authority. But it too,
must be placed under the dominion of Scripture.

In other words, we cannot seek Biblical truths,
while questioning the authority of the Bible.
raven1
2008-04-08 04:19:46 UTC
Based on whose interpretation?
Lord Vetinari
2008-04-08 16:20:07 UTC
Post by Pastor Dave
Post by p***@yahoo.com
I'm an atheist I have come to the conclusion that
for *lesser* atheists, atheists is indeed a religion.
I'm certain that you're not an atheist, just another fruitcake.

Does this sound familiar?
" They laughed at the Wright brothers. They laughed at
Einstein. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown. Guess
which category you're in..."
Post by Pastor Dave
You have a religion also.
You, on the other hand, are just another loud-mouth cretin. FOAD
JohnN
2008-04-08 21:27:30 UTC
Post by p***@yahoo.com
I'm an atheist
No, foremost, you are a not very entertaining lunatic.

JohnN
Hud
2008-04-09 01:46:21 UTC
Post by p***@yahoo.com
[...]