WHY ALLAH SENT PROPHETS AND MESSENGERS?
arah
2012-02-09 10:51:50 UTC
Why Allah sent Prophets and Messengers

Allah sent Prophets and Messengers to every generation to guide
mannkind astraight, away from polytheistic and pagan disbelief,
returning back to the straight path, that of worshipping God alone and
establishing the laws of the Creator and his Prophets and Messengers,
in order to bring about an upright and moral society 'divinely guided'
by the Perfect One.

And to worship Allah means to obey Him and to do all that He has
ordained, - and to fear Him by abstaining from all that He has
forbidden.

Ever since people innovated the dogma of joining others in worship
along with Allah, Allah had been sending Prophets and Messengers to
His devotees in order to invite them to the worship of Allah and Allah
Alone, to order them not to ascribe partners unto Him and bring them
out of the darkness of polytheism and into the light of Monotheism.
All the Prophets preached the belief in the Oneness of Allah. The
following verses from the Noble Qur'an illustrate this fact:

"Indeed, We sent Nooh (Noah) to his people and he said: 'O my people!
Worship Allah! You have no other Ilaah (God) but him. (Laa ilaaha ill
Allaah, none has the right to be worshipped but Allah). Certainly, I
fear for you the torment of a great Day!'" (Al-A'araaf, The Heights
7:59)

"And to 'Aad (people, We sent) their brother Hood. He said: 'O my
people! Worship Allah! You have no other Ilaah (God) but Him. (Laa
ilaaha ill Allaah, none has the right to be worshipped but Allah).
Will you not fear (Allah)?'" (Al-A'araaf, The Heights 7:65)

"And to (the people of) Madyaan (Midian), (We sent) their brother
Shu'ayb. He said: 'O my People! Worship Allah! You have no other Ilaah
(God) but Him. (Laa ilaaha ill Allaah, none has the right to be
worshipped but Allah). Verily, a clear proof (sign) from your Lord has
come unto you, so give full measure and full weight and wrong not men
in their things, and do not make mischief on the earth after it has
been set in order, that will be better for you, if you are
believers.'" (Al-A'araaf, The Heights 7:85)

"And to Thamood (people, We sent) their brother Saalih. He said: 'O my
people! Worship Allah! You have no other Ilaah (God) but Him. (Laa
ilaaha ill Allaah, none has the right to be worshipped but
Allah).'" (Al-A'araaf, The Heights 7:73)

"And verily, We have sent among every Ummah (community, nation) a
Messenger (proclaiming): Worship Allah (Alone) and avoid (or keep away
from) Taaghoot (all false deities etc. do not worship Taaghoots
besides Allah)." (An-Nahl, The Bee 16:36)

Every Prophet was sent unto his own nation for their guidance, but the
Message of Prophet Muhammad (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam - peace be
upon him) was general for all mankind and jinn (a being created from
smokeless flames).

"Say [O Muhammad (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam)]: 'O mankind! Verily,
I am sent to you all as the Messenger of Allah.'" (Al-A'araaf, The
Heights 7:158)

So the aim of sending these Prophets and Messengers to mankind and
jinn was only that they should worship Allah Alone, as Allah said:

"And I (Allah) created not the jinn and men except they should worship
Me (Alone)" (Adh-Dhaariyaat, The Winds that Scatter 51:56)

And to worship Allah means to obey Him and to do all that He has
ordained, - and to fear Him by abstaining from all that He has
forbidden. Then those who will obey Allaah will be rewarded in
Paradise, and those who will disobey Him will be punished in the Hell-
fire.

Source: Taken from 'Interpretations and Meanings of the Noble
Qu'ran' [islaam.ca] Published: Pre 2000
duke
2012-02-09 12:57:40 UTC
Post by arah
Why Allah sent Prophets and Messengers
Allah sent Prophets and Messengers to every generation to guide
mannkind astraight, away from polytheistic and pagan disbelief,
returning back to the straight path, that of worshipping God alone and
establishing the laws of the Creator and his Prophets and Messengers,
in order to bring about an upright and moral society 'divinely guided'
by the Perfect One.
Actually, he taught men that murder get 72 male virgins.

duke, American - American

*****
1 John 3:4-6
4 Everyone who sins breaks the law; in fact,
sin is lawlessness. 5 But you know that he
appeared so that he might take away our sins.
And in him is no sin. 6 No one who lives in
him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to
sin has either seen him or known him.
*****
arah
2012-02-13 18:24:38 UTC
Provide your proof, duke!!!!
duke
2012-02-14 13:37:28 UTC
Post by arah
Post by duke
Actually, he taught men that murder get 72 male virgins.
Provide your proof, duke!!!!
There is no other demonstrated salvation for good muslims.

duke, American - American

*****
*****
arah
2012-03-10 14:25:28 UTC
My dear Duke.

Salvation in Islam

1. The Necessity of Belief

“In the end We deliver Our messengers and those who believe: Thus is
it fitting on Our part that We should deliver those who believe!” S.
10:103

“He it is Who sends blessings on you, as do His angels, that He may
bring you out from the depths of Darkness into Light: and He is Full
of Mercy to the Believers.” S. 33:43

“In the case of those who say, ‘Our Lord is Allah’, and, further,
stand straight and steadfast, the angels descend on them (from time to
time): ‘Fear ye not!’ (they suggest), ‘Nor grieve! but receive the
Glad Tidings of the Garden (of Bliss), that which ye were promised!’”
S. 41:30

“That is because Allah is the Protector of those who believe, but
those who reject Allah have no protector.” S. 47:11

“O ye of Faith! Say not (to the Messenger) Ráìná, but say unthurna
(i.e. say not words of ambiguous import, but words of respect); and
hearken (to him): To those without Faith is a grievous punishment.” S.
2:104

“And fear the Fire, which is repaired for those who reject Faith:” S.
3:131

1A. Things One Must Believe

“They say: ‘Become Jews or Christians if ye would be guided (to
salvation).’ Say thou: ‘Nay! (I would rather) the Religion of Abraham
the True, and he joined not gods with Allah.’ Say ye: ‘We believe in
Allah, and the revelation given to us, and to Abraham, Ismail, Isaac,
Jacob, and the Tribes, and that given to Moses and Jesus, and that
given to (all) prophets from their Lord: We make no difference between
one and another of them: And we submit to Allah (in Islám).’” S.
2:135-136

“It is not righteousness that ye turn your faces towards East or West;
but it is righteousness- to believe in Allah and the Last Day, and the
Angels, and the Book, and the Messengers; to spend of your substance,
out of love for Him, for your kin, for orphans, for the needy, for the
wayfarer, for those who ask, and for the ransom of slaves; to be
steadfast in prayer, and give Zakat (regular charity); to fulfill the
contracts which ye have made; and to be firm and patient, in pain (or
suffering) and adversity, and throughout all periods of panic. Such
are the people of truth, the God fearing.” S. 2:177

“The Messenger believeth in what hath been revealed to him from his
Lord, as do the men of faith. Each one (of them) believeth in Allah,
His angels, His books, and His messengers. ‘We make no distinction
(they say) between one and another of His messengers.’ And they say:
‘We hear, and we obey: (we seek) Thy forgiveness, our Lord, and to
Thee is the end of all journeys.’” S. 2:285

“O ye who believe! Believe in Allah and His Messenger, and the
scripture which He hath sent to His Messenger and the scripture which
He sent to those before (him). Any who denieth Allah, His angels, His
Books, His Messenger, and the Day of Judgment, hath gone far, far
astray.” S. 4:136

“Be ye foremost (in seeking) Forgiveness from your Lord, and a Garden
(of Bliss), the width whereof is as the width of heaven and earth,
prepared for those who believe in Allah and His messengers: that is
the Grace of Allah, which He bestows on whom He pleases: and Allah is
the Lord of Grace abounding.” S. 57:21

1B. Necessity of Believing in Muhammad

“And obey Allah and the Messenger; that ye may obtain mercy.” S.
3:132

“Those are limits set by Allah. those who obey Allah and His Messenger
will be admitted to Gardens with rivers flowing beneath, to abide
therein (for ever) and that will be the supreme achievement. But those
who disobey Allah and His Messenger and transgress His limits will be
admitted to a Fire, to abide therein: And they shall have a
humiliating punishment.” S. 4:13-14

“O ye who believe! Obey Allah, and obey the Messenger, and those
charged with authority among you. If ye differ in anything among
yourselves, refer it to Allah and His Messenger, if ye do believe in
Allah and the Last Day: That is best, and most suitable for final
determination.” S. 4:59

“All who obey Allah and the messenger are in the company of those on
whom is the Grace of Allah,- of the prophets (who teach), the Sincere
(lovers of Truth), the martyrs, and the Righteous (who do good): Ah!
How beautiful is there fellowship!”

“He who obeys the Messenger, obeys Allah. But if any turn away, We
have not sent thee to watch over them.” S. 4:80

“Obey Allah, and obey the Messenger, and beware (of evil): if ye do
turn back, know ye that it is Our Messenger's duty to proclaim (the
message) in the clearest manner.” S. 5:92

“Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that
forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor
acknowledge the Religion of Truth, from among the People of the Book,
until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves
subdued.” S. 9:29

“The answer of the Believers, when summoned to Allah and His
Messenger, in order that he may judge between them, is no other than
this: they say, ‘We hear and we obey’: it is such as these that will
prosper.” S. 24:51

“Say: ‘Obey Allah, and obey the Messenger.’ But if ye turn away, he is
only responsible for the duty placed on him and ye for that placed on
you. If ye obey him, ye shall be on right guidance. The Messenger’s
duty is only to preach the clear (Message).” S. 24:54

“Only those are believers, who believe in Allah and His Messenger.
When they are with him on a matter requiring collective action, they
do not depart until they have asked for his leave; those who ask for
thy leave are those who believe in Allah and His Messenger. So when
they ask for thy leave, for some business of theirs, give leave to
those of them whom thou wilt, and ask Allah for their forgiveness: for
Allah is Oft- Forgiving, Most Merciful. Deem not the summons of the
Messenger among yourselves like the summons of one of you to another:
Allah doth know those of you who slip away under shelter of some
excuse: then let those beware who withstand the Messenger’s order,
lest some trial befall them, or a grievous chastisement be inflicted
on them.” S. 24:62-63

“It is not fitting for a Believer, man or woman, when a matter has
been decided by Allah and His Messenger to have any option about their
decision: if any one disobeys Allah and His Messenger, he is indeed on
a clearly wrong Path.” S. 33:36

“Verily those who plight their fealty to thee plight their fealty in
truth to Allah; the Hand of Allah is over their hands: then any one
who violates his oath, does so to the harm of his own soul, and any
one who fulfills what he has covenanted with Allah,- Allah will soon
grant him a great Reward.” S. 48:10

“Seest thou not those who were forbidden secret counsels yet revert to
that which they were forbidden (to do)? And they hold secret counsels
among themselves for iniquity and hostility, and disobedience to the
Messenger. And when they come to thee, they salute thee, not as Allah
salutes thee, (but in crooked ways): and they say to themselves, ‘Why
does not Allah punish us for our words?’ Enough for them is Hell: In
it will they burn, and evil is that destination!” S. 58:8 (Cf. S.
58:13)

The Hadith

Narrated Abu Burda’s father:

Allah’s Apostle said, any man who has a slave girl whom he educates
properly, teaches good manners, manumits and marries her, will get a
double reward And if any man of the people of the Scriptures believes
in his own prophet and then believes in me too, he will (also) get a
double reward. And any slave who fulfills his duty to his master and
to his Lord, will (also) get a double reward.” (Sahih Al-Bukhari,
Volume 7, Book 62, Number 20)

http://www.abrahamic-faith.com/shamoun/Salvation%20in%20Islam.html
*****
Alan Ferris
2012-03-10 15:15:23 UTC
On Sat, 10 Mar 2012 06:25:28 -0800 (PST), arah
Post by arah
My dear Duke.
Salvation in Islam
Earl cannot even manage Catholicism, what makes you think he could
manage the stricter faith of Islam?

--
Ferrit

()'.'.'()
( (T) )
( ) . ( )
(")_(")
j***@satx.rr.com
2012-03-10 16:48:20 UTC
Joh 14:6 - Jesus saith unto him,
I am the way, the truth, and the life:
no man cometh unto the Father,
but by me.
arah
2012-03-11 10:32:33 UTC
My dear jwssheffi

Please explain to me why Jesus mentioned the followings in the bible?

Matthew 10:6 Go rather to the lost sheep of Israel.
Matthew 15:24 He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of
Israel."

Why did Paul or Saul the murderer wrote the following to the Roman?

Romans 15:8 For I tell you that Christ has become a servant of the
Jews on behalf of God's truth, to confirm the promises made to the
patriarchs
Post by j***@satx.rr.com
Joh 14:6 - Jesus saith unto him,
 no man cometh unto the Father,
 but by me.
j***@satx.rr.com
2012-03-11 15:47:38 UTC
Joh 4:22 -Ye worship ye know not what:
we know what we worship:
for salvation is of the Jews

Mt 28:19 - Go ye therefore, and teach all nations,
baptizing them in the name
of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy
Ghost:
arah
2012-03-12 03:50:50 UTC
My dear jwsheffi.

Do you agree with me that the bible contradicted?

Matthew 28:19 contradicted with Matthew 10:6 and Matthew 15:24.

John said something else. What did Luke, Simon, Barnabas and James
said about the mission of Jesus?
j***@satx.rr.com
2012-03-12 04:32:55 UTC
1Co 2:14 - But the natural man receiveth
not the things of the Spirit of God:
for they are foolishness unto him:
neither can he know them,
because they are spiritually discerned.
j***@satx.rr.com
2012-03-12 08:29:41 UTC
Arah,
You are probably a Muslim because
your parents were Muslim.
Now let me tell you why I am a Christian.

My parents were ex-Catholics, and I was
raised on books that taught evolution
and why the Bible was wrong. My favorite
book was the The Glob_ by John O'Reilly, illustrated by
Walt Kelly of _Pogo_
, it was illustrated, and
showed an ameba that went through the evolutionary
stages to become man.
After college, I got a job with the city of
New York. It was the winter of 1968, and I
was staying in the Broadway Central Hotel,
now demolished. One Saturday night, I thought
I would get breakfast Sunday morning at the
Harri Krisna group, then on Second ave, NYC.
I liked the dancing and chanting, and the bowl
of oatmeal contained raisens, and was vey sweet.
I put the beads they use on a hardwood chair.
When the alarm rang Sunday morning, I washed
up and put in my contact lense. When I went to pick up
the beads on the chair, I could not find them. I
looked on the floor, but still couldn't find them.
A thought then came through my head that there
was a reason for this. So I went back to sleep.
Later a woman called whom I hadn't seen for a while.
She asked me to go to a new church she found with
her boyfriend. It was called the Climate of Faith, and it met
at the St. George Hotel in Brooklyn. They talked
a lot about following the glory cloud. When I got
back to my room later, I looked on the chair and the beads were there.
At lunch, I would sometimes go to St. Paul's Chapel
in NYC. Behind the alter at St. Paul's is a glory cloud.
At the time I didn't think to much about it.
I left the Climate of Faith after a while and told
myself, I didn't believe it.
In December, 1973, I was living on 6th st, near Ave B.
and the girl who sometimes stayed with me had left,
and I was lonely. So, I went to a Christian coffe shop
in the West Village, because I thought, you know Christians
by their love. I asked about a church, I could go to
and someone told me about a house church in the West Village.
I believe a Roger Fulton ran it. When I went to the
service, I didn't like it. After the service a man named Dick,
who I had never met before, came over to me. He asked me, if I
wanted to go to a New Years service in the apartment of
an Episcopal priest. I thought the Episcopalians wouldn't
be as crazy as the West Village Church.
I went there New Years Eve and found the girls to be nice.
The priest's parish was St. Paul's Chapel. I went to
his Bible studies, since the girls were nice. In one
study, he spoke of Genesis as if it was true. I asked
to speak to him privately in the future.
When I spoke to him, I said, we both have been to college,
you know Genesis is not true. He said, to me, "Scripture
doesn't lie."I thought to myself that is a tautology.
That night before I went to bed I picked up "Good News
for Modern Man". I just opened it and began to read in
I Corinthians, I came to where Paul said, "We vhave the
mind of Christ". I thought to myself, I don't believe it.
When I lied down, I saw a white light(I think it was a vision),
I heard the words, I am the Way, the Life, and the Resurrection.
The light went completly through me, and I realized I
had eternal life. I thought, now I know what it means,
to be born again
Since that time the Lord has given me a wife, 3 children,
four Grandchildren, and has been with me since then.

Pax Christi,

Jim
arah
2012-03-12 11:59:56 UTC
My dear Jim.

I agree with you ""Scripture doesn't lie." but satan made the writers
of the scriptures lied.

Even though I was born to a muslim family, but I learn and understand
Islam not from my parents but when I study my Engineering in USA.

Faith is not inherited but you have to search for truth

If your study about Abraham the father of Islam, Jews and Christian
his father was the makers of Idols.

Let me share with you the story of Salman the Persian.

http://www.islamiska.org/e/salman.htm

There shall be no compulsion in [acceptance of] the religion. The
right course has become clear from the wrong. So whoever disbelieves
in Taghut and believes in Allah has grasped the most trustworthy
handhold with no break in it. And Allah is Hearing and Knowing. Quran
2:256

However there is a Hadith, which every Christian and Jews should be
worried .

"By the One in Whose hand is the soul of Muhammad, there is no-one of
this Ummah, Jew or Christian, who hears of me then dies without
believing in that with which I have been sent, but he will be one of
the people of Hell." (Sahih Muslim, 153)

http://www.islamicweb.com/begin/convert/jannah_christians.htm

Jim, continue your search.

May Almighty Creator show you the TRUTH
Jim
duke
2012-03-12 13:17:53 UTC
Post by arah
My dear Jim.
I agree with you ""Scripture doesn't lie." but satan made the writers
of the scriptures lied.
Now that's a contradiction in terms.

duke, American - American

*****
*****
j***@satx.rr.com
2012-03-12 16:36:21 UTC
On Mar 12, 6:59 am, arah <***@gmail.com> wrote:

"Even though I was born to a muslim family, but I learn and
understand
Islam not from my parents but when I study my Engineering in USA".

In other words, you have no personal knowledge of God, only
what you have been told.

Joh 3:3 - Jesus answered and said unto him,
Verily, verily, I say unto thee,
Except a man be born again,
he cannot see the kingdom of God.
arah

j***@satx.rr.com

Civilized World DEFEATS Islam!
2012-03-10 18:41:12 UTC
"arah" <***@gmail.com> wrote in message news:4c1737f5-0e69-4486-aaab-***@o3g2000pbt.googlegroups.com...

Will they never learn?
http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/10/world/meast/gaza-israel-airstrike/index.html?hpt=hp_t1
duke
2012-03-11 14:34:05 UTC
Post by arah
My dear Duke.
Salvation in Islam
1. The Necessity of Belief
“In the end We deliver Our messengers and those who believe: Thus is
it fitting on Our part that We should deliver those who believe!” S.
10:103
Believe what? In 72 virgins?

*****
Frankie Lee
2012-02-09 13:49:17 UTC
Post by arah
[...]
**God,and not Allah, sent prophets and messengers.The God of
Abraham,and the God of Jesus Christ has never been known as Allah,and
how is it you cannot understand that it is how Muhammad made-up
stories about Allah?Since Muhammed came later on,600 years ad...and he
alone introduce Allah,and it does not bear the same God of the
Jews,and of the Christians,who are the people of the Book,how come you
are so brain dead to not see all these things?

Muhammed already told you that he is a liar,and uneducated person,and
is man of no credibility,and why do you want to believe in him?

He even prove to you,as he showed how corrupted,evil,lustful,and
sinful as a human person,Muhammad is,now which part you don't
understand?

Just in case civilized people cannot see through Muhammed's deceits
and wickedness,so Muhammed had sex with a nine year old girl to prove
to all us,once and for all,he is a false prophet.

If you still cannot be convinced that Islam is a false religion after
everything Muhammad had done to show you,then you are an idiot,brain
dead and a very stupid person.Muslims are all very stupid stupid
people.
Wusong
2012-02-09 14:23:01 UTC
Post by Frankie Lee
**God,and not Allah, sent prophets and messengers.The God of
Abraham,and the God of Jesus Christ has never been known as Allah,and
how is it you cannot understand that it is how Muhammad made-up
stories about Allah?
(remainder of troll-post trash snipped)

Hey, Frankie (the Singaporean "house nigger") 汉奸 pile-of-dog-shit Lee!
You kept writing in these public Usenet groups that Jesus is a thief
who will steal you away in the middle of the night to take you to the
mansion which he has prepared for you. Why are you still here? Are you
not good enough for him, Frankie (the Singaporean "house nigger") 汉奸
Lee?

This fits you perfectly, doesn't it? Isaiah 53:3 .

Proof that you are a LIAR and a FRAUD, Frankie (the Singaporean "house
nigger") 汉奸 pile-of-dog-shit Lee.

Here are links proving irrefutably that you have lied - again and
again, and again:
http://groups.google.com/group/soc.culture.singapore/msg/099ffc80202e34f7

http://groups.google.com/group/soc.culture.singapore/msg/90e35749044ac347

http://groups.google.com/group/soc.culture.singapore/msg/3ed31a4083dd0785

http://groups.google.com/group/soc.culture.singapore/msg/5ed7ae230e045ad7

http://groups.google.com/group/soc.culture.singapore/msg/186985ccc6c8edf8

http://groups.google.com/group/soc.culture.china/msg/8fdc53c778da7b40?hl=en

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.atheism/msg/357230535a60a5b3

http://groups.google.com/group/soc.culture.china/msg/1a944cf708586e8c?hl=en

http://groups.google.com/group/soc.culture.china/msg/f8878e7666137efb?hl=en

http://groups.google.com/group/soc.culture.singapore/msg/d9b72bd62982053f

These are not "articles", which you claimed, but links to posts by
various netters showing that you have lied.

You can't pray or wangle your way out of these, Frankie (Singaporean
"house nigger") Lee!

You can bet your Jesus' ass that I shall persist to expose you until
the day you enter the Gates of Hell - and then some!
arah
2012-02-12 13:14:57 UTC
Please provide evidences for your statement above.
j***@satx.rr.com
2012-02-12 15:12:34 UTC
The Truth About Muhammad:
Founder of the World's Most Intolerant Religion
Robert Spencer (Author)

Fills readers' deficit, October 5, 2006
By Alyssa A. Lappen (Earth) - (TOP 1000 REVIEWER) (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: The Truth About Muhammad: Founder of the World's
Most Intolerant Religion (Hardcover)
Since September 2000, at the beginning of the latest phase in the Arab
Muslim jihad against the Jewish people in Israel, I have done
extensive reading on the history of Islam in a concerted effort to
determine the cause. During my early months and years of research, I
felt confounded by Islam, which scholars often described as a faith,
at its core, moderate and peaceful. Lord knows, I long believed them.

Unfortunately, the more I read, the more discouraged I have become as
to the true nature of Islam, and its founder.

Much, though hardly all, of my expanding base of knowledge, has come
from Robert Spencer, whose books I have read both with pleasure and
dismay--pleasure, because he writes and researches so well, and
dismay, because his books so discourage one regarding the onerous
tasks that now face Western civilization. Like it or not, we are
increasingly imperiled by, and simultaneously, oblivious to the global
political ambitions of resurgent Islam.

These dangers appear genuinely contemporary after one learns the
details of Muhammad's dealings with the Jewish Banu Qurayzah tribe of
Yathrub (Medina).

After sending a secret Muslim convert, Nu'aym bin Mas'ud, to sabotage
a Qurayzah alliance with the pagan Quraysh, Muhammad debased the Jews
as "brothers of monkeys." This language, as Spencer dutifully notes,
"also made its way into the Qur'an"--in chapters 2 (verses 62-65), 5
(verses 59-60) and 7 (verse 166)--and is routinely invoked by current-
day Muslim leaders.

Citing the famed A. Guillaume's 1955 translation of Ibn Ishaq's Life
of Muhammad (Sirat Rasul Allah), Spencer notes that Muhammad's forces
"laid siege to the Qurayzah strongholds for twenty-five days, until...
'they were sorely pressed' and, as Muhammad had warned, 'God cast
terror into their hearts'." At this juncture, the leader of the
Qurayzah offered his people three choices--to accept Muhammad and
Islam, to kill their wives and children and fight Muhammad
unencumbered, or to ambush Muhammad on the Sabbath.

The Qurayzah ignored their leader's counsel and, instead, surrendered
to the Muslims. Muhammad asked Sa'd bin Mu'adh to determine their
fate--and he in turn ruled that "their warriors should be killed and
their children and women be taken as captives." Muhammad himself then
went into the Medina market and dug trenches into which some the heads
of at least 600 or 700 Qurayzah men (possibly, 800 or 900) would be
struck. One boy who had not yet "begun to grow hair" later reputedly
explained that this factor determined whether a boy was deemed a boy--
and spared--or a man, and killed.

Every drop of non-Muslim blood Muhammad spilled, he deemed to have set
"a beautiful pattern (of conduct) for any one whose hope is in Allah
and the Final Day, and who engages much in the praise of
Allah" (Qur'an, chapter 33, verse 21).

It's all too clear, five years after 9/11, that most Americans lack
the motivation to read the Koran--which is neither long, nor
impregnable. If they had it, the public would soon discover that even
the mildest of translations, which omit the most offensive verses and
explicit terms, prove enlightening.

But Spencer's 224-page biography of Muhammad, based entirely on the
most important and authentic of Muslim sources, is well-positioned to
fill the deficit for even those readers most devoid of educational
motivation.

--Alyssa A. Lappen

http://www.amazon.com/Truth-About-Muhammad-Intolerant-ebook/dp/B000RH0C5E/ref=tmm_kin_title_0?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2
arah
2012-02-13 18:30:00 UTC
Why Abdullah ibn Salam, Jewish Rabbi in Medina convert to Islam

Al-Husayn ibn Salam was a Jewish rabbi in Yathrib [Medina] who was
widely respected and honored by the people of the city, even by those
who were not Jewish. He was known for his piety and goodness, his
upright conduct, and his truthfulness.

Al-Husayn lived a peaceful and gentle life but he was serious,
purposeful and organized in the way he spent his time. For a fixed
period each day, he would worship, teach and preach in the temple.

Then he would spend some time in his orchard, looking after date
palms, pruning and pollinating. Thereafter, to increase his
understanding and knowledge of his religion, he would devote himself
to the study of the Torah.

In this study, it is said he was particularly struck by some verses of
the Torah which dealt with the coming of a Prophet who would complete
the message of previous Prophets. Al-Husayn therefore took an
immediate and keen interest when he heard reports of the appearance of
a Prophet in Makkah.

What follows is his story, in his own words:
When I heard of the appearance of the Messenger of God (peace be upon
him) I began to make enquiries about his name, his genealogy, his
characteristics, his time and place and I began to compare this
information with what is contained in our books.

From these enquiries, I became convinced about the authenticity of his
prophethood and I affirmed the truth of his mission. However, I
concealed my conclusions from the Jews. I held my tongue.

Then came the day when the Prophet, peace be upon him, left Makkah and
headed for Yathrib. When he reached Yathrib and stopped at Quba, a
man came rushing into the city, calling out to people and announcing
the arrival of the Prophet.

At that moment, I was at the top of a palm tree doing some work. My
aunt, Khalidah bint Al-Harith, was sitting under the tree. On hearing
the news, I shouted: “Allahu Akbar! Allahu Akbar!” (God is Great! God
is Great!)

When my aunt heard me, she remonstrated with me: “May God frustrate
you... By God, if you had heard that Moses was coming you would not
have been more enthusiastic.”

“Auntie, he is really, by God, the ‘brother’ of Moses and follows his
religion. He was sent with the same mission as Moses.” She was silent
for a while and then said: “Is he the Prophet about whom you spoke to
us who would be sent to confirm the truth preached by previous
(Prophets) and complete the message of his Lord?”

“Yes,” I replied.

Without any delay or hesitation, I went out to meet the Prophet. I
saw crowds of people at his door. I moved about in the crowds until I
reached close to him.

The first words I heard him say were: “O people! Spread peace...
Share food... Pray during the night while people (normally) sleep...
and you will enterParadise in peace.”

I looked at him closely. I scrutinized him and was convinced that his
face was not that of an imposter. I went closer to him and made the
declaration of faith that there is no god but God and that Muhammad is
the Messenger of God.

The Prophet turned to me and asked: “What is your name?” “Al-Husayn
ibn Salam,” I replied. “Instead, it is now Abdullah ibn Sallam,” he
said (giving me a new name). “Yes” I agreed. “Abdullah ibn Salam it
shall be. By Him who has sent you with the Truth, I do not wish to
have another name after this day.”

I returned home and introduced Islam to my wife, my children and the
rest of my household. They all accepted Islam including my aunt
Khalidah who was then an old lady. However, I advised them then to
conceal our acceptance of Islam from the Jews until I gave them
permission. They agreed.

Subsequently, I went back to the Prophet (peace be upon him), and
said: “O Messenger of God! The Jews are a people (inclined to) slander
and falsehood. I want you to invite their most prominent men to meet
you. (During the meeting however), you should keep me concealed from
them in one of your rooms. Ask them then about my status among them
before they find out of my acceptance of Islam. Then invite them to
Islam. If they were to know that I have become a Muslim, they would
denounce me and accuse me of everything base and slander me.”

The Prophet kept me in one of his rooms and invited the prominent
Jewish personalities to visit him. He introduced Islam to them and
urged them to have faith in God.

They began to dispute and argue with him about the Truth. When he
realized that they were not inclined to accept Islam, he put the
question to them:

“What is the status of Al-Husayn ibn Salam among you?”

“He is our sayyid (leader) and the son of our sayyid. He is our rabbi
and our alim (scholar), the son of our rabbi and alim.”

“If you come to know that he has accepted Islam, would you accept
Islam also?” asked the Prophet.

“God forbid! He would not accept Islam. May God protect him from
accepting Islam,” they said, horrified.

At this point I came out in full view of them and announced: “O
assembly of Jews! Be conscious of God and accept what Muhammad has
brought. By God, you certainly know that he is the Messenger of God
and you can find prophecies about him and mention of his name and
characteristics in your Torah. I for my part declare that he is the
Messenger of God. I have faith in him and believe that he is true. I
know him.”

“You are a liar,” they shouted. “By God, you are evil and ignorant,
the son of an evil and ignorant person.” And they continued to heap
every conceivable abuse on me.

Here ends his own narration.
Abdullah ibn Salam approached Islam with a soul thirsty for
knowledge. He was passionately devoted to the Quran and spent much
time reciting and studying its beautiful and sublime verses. He was
deeply attached to the noble Prophet and was constantly in his
company.

He spent much of his time in the masjid, engaged in worship, in
learning and in teaching. He was known for his sweet, moving and
effective way of teaching study circles of Sahabah who assembled
regularly in the Prophet’s mosque.

Abdullah ibn Salam was known among the Sahabah as a man from the
people of Paradise. This was because of his determination on the
advice of the Prophet to hold steadfastly to the ‘most trustworthy
handhold’ that is belief in and total submission to God.

http://www.islamreligion.com/articles/1692/
j***@satx.rr.com
2012-02-14 02:42:24 UTC
Did Prophet Muhammad order Killing Surrendered Jews of Banu Quraiza
and Khaybar? A historical Analysis!
by Syed Kamran Mirza

In the post 9/11 era of this modern-world, Islamists around the globe
are busy with ‘damage control utopia’ in order to correct the image of
religion Islam. We all know that the nucleus of Islam are: Quran,
Hadiths (Sunnah) supported by Islamic histories and biographies
recorded by various famous Islamic scholars and historians. Now, if we
read Quran, hadiths and historical accounts (written by famous Muslim
and non-Muslim historians) of Islam with our neutral mind-set, we can
easily discover myriads of evidences which are the testament of the
fact that unlike any other world’s organized religions, Islam was an
Arab political and imperialistic ideology which was propagated by the
sword.
It is well established fact that Prophet of Islam is well known to
this modern world as the most vicious warrior Prophet (involved in
hundreds of battles) having an infamous history of myriads of
cruelties, killings, plundering, pillages, enslavements, sexual lusts
of ludicrous proportion. But so what? Hypocritical Islamists are bent
to deny all of the above allegations, and in doing so, they will bring
all sorts of ludicrous arguments and Cock and bull story. Very
recently, they have started to play ‘hide and seek’ i.e. they want to
deny some hadiths and Islamic history when it supports bad thing about
Islam; but when comes the good things—they do not hesitate to dig-out
any rotten hadiths and historical account to prove goodies of Islam.
This is of course an unadulterated double-standard. This article will
attempt to investigate just two (Banu Qurayza and Khaybar) out of many
historical incidents happened in the process of total extermination of
Jewish tribes from the Arabian Peninsula.
What really happened to Banu Qurayza Jews?

According to “Sirat-a-Rasul” (page 464) by Ibn Ishaq the story goes as
follows:

Gist: After the Battle of the Ditch, when the coalition force of
Quraish left the battle field, Prophet Muhammad attacked the last of
the large Jewish tribes of Medina, the Banu Qurayza. After a 25 days
siege, they (Jews) surrender unconditionally. In the end, all 600-700
males of the tribe were killed and the women and children sold into
slavery.

Story in details:

The Banu Quraiza Jewish tribe was attacked for not supporting Prophet
Muhammad when the Quraish’s coalition force from Mecca attacked Medina
(The battle of trench). After the withdrawal of the coalition force
the Jews were isolated. Hazrat Ali (ra) sworn that he would never stop
until he either storms their garrisons or be killed. As per sahi
hadiths (Buchari)—when the Prophet returned from the battle of Al-
Khandaq (i.e. Trench) and laid down his arms and took a bath, Gabriel
came to the apostle wearing an embroidered turban and riding on a mule
with a saddle covered with a piece of brocade and asked, “ You have
laid down your arms? By Allah, we angels have not laid them down yet
and I have just come from pursuing the enemy. 'God commands you,
Muhammad, to go to Banu Qurayza. I am about to go to them to shake
their stronghold (to terrorize Jews). So set out for them." The
Prophet said, "Where to go?" Gabriel said, "Towards this side,"
pointing towards Banu Quraiza. So the Prophet went out towards them.
Below is one master piece Sahi hadith proving the story:
Muslim: Volume 5, Book 59, Number 444:
Narrated by Anas:

“As if I am just now looking at the dust rising in the street of Banu
Ghanm (in Medina) because of the marching of Gabriel's regiment when
Allah's Apostle set out to Banu Quraiza (to attack them).”

After a continuous siege of 25 days, the Banu Qurayza Jews surrendered
to Prophet Muhammad unconditionally. Muhammad ordered that the men be
handcuffed, while the women and children were isolated in confinement.
Thereupon Al-Aws tribe interceded begging the Prophet to be lenient
towards them. Muhammad suggested that Sa‘d bin Mu‘adh, a former ally,
be deputed to give verdict about them, and they agreed.

Sa’d bin Mu’adh was the leader of a large Medinan tribe, the Aws (or
Aus), some of whom favored old alliances with the Jews. The leader was
an elderly man who was seriously wounded in the battle of trench
(Source: Ibn Ishaq, p. 462; Watt, Muhammad at Medina, pp. 188-89;
214-17). Sa’d gave the verdict that, "that all the able-bodied (adult)
male persons belonging to the tribe should be killed, women and
children taken prisoners and their wealth divided among the Muslim
fighters." Compassionate Prophet Muhammad answers in endorsement of
this: “You have given the judgement of Allah above the seven
heavens...”, (Source: Ibn Ishaq, pp. 463-64; Tabari vol. 8, p. 34).

To separate adult men from the pre-pubescent boys, the youngsters were
examined and if they had grown any pubic hair, it was enough to behead
them (Abu Dawud; see Ibn Ishaq, p. 466)..

Sunan Abu-Dawud-Book 38, No. 4390

Narrated Atiyyah al-Qurazi:
“I was among the captives of Banu Qurayzah. They (the Companions)
examined us, and those who had begun to grow hair (pubes) were killed,
and those who had not were not killed. I was among those who had not
grown hair.”

The apostle confined them in Medina in the quarter of al-Harith, a
woman of B. al-Najjar.

Then the apostle went out to the market of Medina (which is still the
market today) and dug trenches in it. Then he sent for them and struck
off their heads in those trenches as they were brought out to him in
batches. This went on until the apostle made an end of them. Among
them was the enemy of Allah Huyayy b. Akhtab and Ka`b b. Asad their
chief, and they were brought with their hands bound to their neck by a
rope. There were 600 or 700 in all, though some put the figure as high
as 800 or 900. Apparently Muhammad himself worked on the digging of
the trench into which the massacred Jews were to be thrown. But he did
not only take part in those preparations, the formulation of the text
states that HE sent for them and STRUCK OFF their heads. Prophet
Muhammad also had had huge spoils (Maal-E-Ganimat) from this "final
solution" of this richest Jewish tribe of Banu Quraiza.

This next hadith indicates that a woman was delirious. She was killed.

Book 14, Number 2665:
Narrated Aisha, Ummul Mu'minin: “ No woman of Banu [tribe] Qurayzah
was killed except one. She was with me, talking and laughing on her
back and belly (extremely), while the Apostle of Allah . . . was
killing her people with the swords. Suddenly a man called her name:
Where is so-and-so? . . . I asked: What is the matter with you? She
said: I did a new act. [Aisha] said: The man took her and beheaded
her. [Aisha] said: I will not forget that she was laughing extremely
although she knew that she would be killed.” (Abu Dawud)

The following narrative says that Prophet Muhammad took one beautiful
woman for himself.

The apostle had chosen one of their women for himself, Rayhana bint
Amr . . . one of the women of . . . Qurayza, and she remained with him
until she died, in his power. The apostle had proposed to marry and
put a veil on her, but she said: "Nay, leave me in your power, for
that will be easier for me and for you." So he left her. She had shown
repugnance towards Islam when she was captured and clung to Judaism.
(Ibn Ishaq, p. 466)

Banu Qurayza’s Massacre supported by Merciful Allah:

Evidences from Quranic verses are very clear and surprisingly
emphatic. Allah actually celebrated this slaughter and enslavement of
Banu Qurayza Jews. That these verses were received during/after the
Banu Qurayza incident were supported by most Quranic translators like
Maoulana A. Yousuf Ali, Hazrat Maulana mufti Muhammad Shafi, Maulana
Muhiuddin Khan etc, and of course, by the most famous Islamic scholar
Ibn Ishaq. Merciful Allah promptly sent Qur’anic verses during that
period of Banu Qurayza war to justify the cruelty of Prophet Muhammad.
Here are some Quranic gems which speak the entire truth about Banu
Qurayza massacre:

Quran-33:25- “Allah turned back the unbelievers [Meccans and their
allies] in a state of rage, having not won any good, and Allah spared
the believers battle. Allah is, indeed, Strong and Mighty.”

Quran-33:26- “And He brought those of the People of the Book [Jewish
people of Banu Qurayza] who supported them from their fortresses and
cast terror into their hearts, some of them you slew (beheaded) and
some you took prisoners (captive)”

Quran-33:27- “And He made you heirs of their lands, their houses, and
their goods, and of a land which ye had not frequented (before). And
Allah has power over all things.” [Merciful Allah asked Prophet
Muhammad to confiscate entire properties of surrendered Jews]

Quran-8:67—“It is not fitting for an Apostle that he should have
prisoners of war until He thoroughly subdued the land….” (Allah
insisting Prophet to kill all the prisoners, and should not keep any
surrendered prisoners alive until He (Prophet) occupied entire
Arabia.”

Quran-8:17—It is not ye who Slew them; it is God; when thou threwest a
handful of dust, it was not Thy act, but God’s…..” (Allah said, the
killing of surrendered soldiers were done by the wish of Allah)

These above Quranic verses revealed some unpleasant truths:

The verses: 33:25-27 were revealed to describe Banu Qurayza incident
and clearly talking about the unbelievers (Quresh pagans, and their
allies Jews of Banu Quraiza).

The verse 33:25 told about the retreat of the great force of
unbelievers without any success; verse-26 told about how later the
traitor Jewish tribe banu Quraiza was raided and seized and Jewish
people were terrorized by Muhammad’s army; and verse-33: 27 told—how
by the judgement of Sa’d ibn Muaz all the men were slaughtered and
women and children were captivated. And Jewish land and property were
taken as Booty….Sa’d delivered his justice according to Bible; hence
Muhammad said—“your judgenet was like God.”

Allah permitted the enslavement and beheading of Jews, so any Muslim
familiar with the background of this verse knows that beheading as
such has been assimilated into the Quran. The word q-t-l in
verse-33:26 means slaughter. What is so troubling about the verse is
that it seems Allah (Himself) celebrated the "terror" that He threw
into the Jews’ hearts. Indeed, when Abu Lubabah the mediator
approached the Jews during negotiations, the women and children were
crying. Allah of course heavily terrorized them. What a Merciful Allah
always resided inside the sleeve of Prophet Muhammad!

The Prophet Muhammad had expelled two other Jewish tribes (Qaynuqa and
Nadir) from Medina, so he could have done the same with the Qurayza—as
indeed Banu Quryza Jews begged for mercy and requested to let them
leave Medina. But the prophet for humanity (?) declined this merciful
and humane option.

Quranic Tafsir supported Banu Qurayza massacre:

Maulana A. Yousuf Ali stated: “The men of the Quraiza were slain; the
women were sold as captives of war (booty); and their lands and
properties were distributed or divided among the Muhajirs (Yousuf
Ali’s tafsir for Sura Ahzab)”.

Maulana Mufti Muhammad Shafi) writes: “Allah ordered Prophet not to
keep any war prisoners until entire land is occupied; because by
killing enemy prisoners will crush morals of unvbelievers. Some
disciples such as Siddique Akbar (ra) suggested tom keep war prisoners
to earn ransoms; but Hazrat Omar ibn Khattab (ra) and Hazrat s’aad ibn
muaaz (ra) suggested to kill all able-bodied war prisonesrs (In sura
A’nfal (#8): Tafsir by Maulana Mufti Muhammad Shafi).”

Also please read Koranic Tafsir of Sura Ahzab by Maulana Muhiuddin
Khan (Saudi aided Bengali translation of Koran)

What Hadiths says about Banu Qurayza massacre?

That Prophet Muhammad systematically eradicated Jews (who actually
welcomed him when he fled to Medina from Mecca) from Medina. He
beheaded the men and the pubescent boys and enslaved the women and
children. In doing this, he wiped out several Jewish tribes "off the
map" just the way Iranian Islamic president Ahmdijannbad desires to do
same with present day Jews in Israel. These Islamic cruelties were
recorded by various sahi hadiths as follows:

Sahi Bukhari :Volume 5, Book 59, Number 443: Narrated 'Aisha:
When the Prophet returned from the battle of Al-Khandaq (i.e. Trench)
and laid down his arms and took a bath, Gabriel came and said (to the
Prophet), “you have laid down your arms? By Allah, we angels have not
laid them down yet. So set out for them." The Prophet said, "Where to
go?" Gabriel said, "Towards this side," pointing towards Banu Quraiza.
So the Prophet went out towards them.

Book 019, Number 4368:
It has been narrated on the authority of Abu Sa'id al-Khudri who said:
The people of Banu Quraiza surrendered accepting the decision of Sa'd
b. Mu'adh about them. Accordingly, the Messenger of Allah (may peace
be upon him) sent for Sa'd who came to him riding a donkey. When he
approached the mosque, the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him)
said to the Ansar: Stand up to receive your chieftain. Then he said
(to Sa'd): These people have surrendered accepting your decision. He
(Sa'd) said: “You will kill their fighters and capture their women and
children.” (Hearing this), the Prophet (may peace be upon him) said:
“You have adjudged by the command of God.”

Sahi Bukhari: Book 019, Number 4370:
It has been narrated on the authority of A'isha who said: Sa'd was
wounded on the day of the Battle of the Ditch. A man from the Quraish
called Ibn al-Ariqah shot at him an arrow which pierced the artery in
the middle of his forearm. The Messenger of Allah (may peacce be upon
him) pitched a tent for him in the mosque and would inquire after him
being in close proximity. When he returned from the Ditch and laid
down his arms and took a bath, the angel Gabriel appeared to him and
he was removing dust from his hair (as if he had just returned from
the battle). The latter said: You have laid down arms. By God, we
haven't (yet) laid them down. So march against them. The Messenger of
Allah (may peace be upon him) asked: Where? He pointed to Banu
Quraiza. So the Messenger of Allah (may peace he upon him) fought
against them. They surrendered at the command of the Messenger of
Allah (may peace be upon him), but he referred the decision about them
to Sa'd who said: “I decide about them that those of them who can
fight be killed, their women and children taken prisoners and their
properties distributed (among the Muslims).”

Volume 4, Book 52, Number 280: Narrated Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri:
When the tribe of Bani Quraiza was ready to accept Sad's judgment,
Allah's Apostle sent for Sad who was near to him. Sad came, riding a
donkey and when he came near, Allah's Apostle said (to the Ansar),
"Stand up for your leader." Then Sad came and sat beside Allah's
Apostle who said to him. "These people are ready to accept your
judgment." Sad said, "I give the judgment that their warriors should
be killed and their children and women should be taken as prisoners."
The Prophet then remarked, "O Sad! You have judged amongst them with
(or similar to) the judgment of the King Allah."

What else we need to authenticate Banu Qurayza massacre? We have
scores of Quranic verses, sahi hadiths along with Islamic historical
accounts recorded by the most famous and oldest biographer like Ibn
Ishaq which are very strong and unambiguous evidences supporting this
heinous act of Prophet Muhammad. How in the world any sane human being
can deny such clear evidences from the very nucleus (Quran, sahi
Hadisths and biographies) of Islam?

Merciful Allah’s reward (Booty) for Jihadis:

Allah repeatedly promised bountiful rewards for the believers both in
this life and afterlife. But Allah never told believers to work hard
to get it or to establish industries or business; neither anything
which could make economy better, nor any lucrative rewards dropped
from the sky! But then, what was the ultimate source of promised
bounty for the believers during 7th century period? Answer is, it was
BOOTY (spoils) sanctioned by Allah in the holy Quran. Booty was the
most cruel and immoral provision practiced by Islamic jihadis, which
not even any known ancient invaders (Alexander the Great, Romans,
Persians or Assyrians etc.) did practice. Allah’s techniques of making
Muslims (believers) richer were simple burglary, plundering and
highway robbery (after sudden attack/invading) of Arab’s business
caravans, neighboring tribes or sovereign nations. Allah of Islam
emphatically encouraged and gave Muslims license to invade, subdue or
kill all non-Muslim men and to take their women, children and all
properties of the prisoners as booty (Ganimah). He (Allah) made booty
Halal (lawful) for Muslim warriors. One can find all those tempting
verses of Sura Anf’al from Allah inviting Muslims to enjoy booty
sanctioned for them. Below are some examples how Quran openly
supported Islamic jihadi’s immoral acts:

Quran-8:69—“But (now) enjoy what ye took in war (booty), lawful and
good; but fear God…” (Allah encouraging Muslims to accept booty spoils
of war “Maal-E-Ganimat”)

Quran-8:1— “They ask thee concerning (things taken as) spoils of war
(booty). Say: "(such) spoils are at the disposal of Allah and the
Messenger: So fear Allah, and keep straight the relations between
yourselves: Obey Allah and His Messenger, if ye do believe."

Quran-8:41— “And know that out of all the booty that ye may acquire
(in war), a fifth share is assigned to Allah,- and to the Messenger,
and to near relatives, orphans, the needy, and the wayfarer,- if ye do
believe in Allah and in the revelation We sent down to Our servant on
the Day of Testing,- the Day of the meeting of the two forces. For
Allah hath power over all things.”

One may think that Islamic Allah was (actually) enslaved by Prophet
Muhammad. Otherwise how in the world any divine God could allow such
cruelest and highly immoral things to happen! Allah readily permitted
Prophet Muhammad to take the Jewish clan’s property on the basis of
conquest and his possession of all things (Quran-33:27). This is a
dubious revelation and reasoning Allah speaks, and this benefits
Muhammad materially and politically. This happened too often in
Prophet Muhammad’s life. In fact, this “Booty” provision was the most
dynamic and lucrative lure or attraction for amassing Arab have-nots
(slaves, poor, vagabonds, unemployed destitute) in the Prophet
Muhammad’s jihadi cult—in order to become rich by quick method in this
life and also enjoy unlimited heavenly pleasures in afterlife!

What really happened to Jews in Khaybar?

Merciful prophet of Islam in his campaign of eradicating all the
Jewish tribes (who were most prosperous and rich) from around Medina,
he conquered Jewish tribe of Khaybar in May, 628CE. This was a
preemptive surprise attack (Gazzowa) or a sudden and unprovoked
assault on the Jews of Khaybar. This was a decisive victory for
Muslims. The Jews lost ninety-three (93) men while the loss on the
Muslim side was only nineteen (19) men. Muhammad took some Khaybar
Jews as captives, including Safiyyah bt. Huyayy b. Akhtab, an
exquisitely pretty young newly married bride of Kinanah b. al-Rabi b.
al-Huqayq. She was the daughter of B. Nadir chief, Huayy b. Akhtab who
was beheaded by Muhammad during the slaughtering of B. Qurayzah.
Kinanah had recently married Safiyyah, the young, vivacious and pouted
daughter of Huyayy and had received a good treasure trove as gift.
Muhammad also took two daughters of Safiyaah's paternal uncle.

What sahi Bukhari says about Khaybar episode

Sahih Bukhari, Volume 5, Book 59, Number 512:
Narrated by Anas:
The Prophet offered the Fajr Prayer near Khaybar when it was still
dark and then said, "Allahu-Akbar! Khaybar is destroyed, for whenever
we approach a (hostile) nation (to fight), then evil will be the
morning for those who have been warned." Then the inhabitants of
Khaybar came out running on the roads. The Prophet had their warriors
killed, their offspring and woman taken as captives. Safiya was
amongst the captives, She first came in the share of Dahya Alkali but
later on she belonged to the Prophet . The Prophet made her
manumission as her 'Mahr'. Muhammad was sixty (60) when he married
Safiyyahh, a young girl of seventeen. She became his eighth wife.

Distribution of war booty in Khaybar:

Sahi Buchari Hadiths #143, page-700: Sulaiman Ibne Harb…Aannas Ibne
Malek (ra) narrated, “in the war of Khayber after the inhabitants of
Banu Nadir were surrendered, Allah’s apostle killed all the able/adult
men, and he (prophet) took all women and children as captives (Ghani
mateer maal).. Among the captives Safiyya Bint Huyy Akhtab was taken
by Allah’s Apostle as booty whom He married after freeing her and her
freedom was her Mahr.”

At first Dihyah al-Kalbi, a Muslim Jihadist asked for Safiyyah. But
when Muhammad saw the unparallel beauty of her, he chosen her for
himself and gave her two cousin sisters to Dihyah.

Lascivious story supported by sahi hadiths:

(a) Sahi Buchari Hadiths (#149, page-704): Ahmed Ibne Saleh…Annas Ibne
Malek narrated, “….when we told Apostle of Allah about the paragon
beauty of Safiya Bint Huyay (who was newly wed and the husband was
killed in the battle), then Allah’s Apostle sanctioned her for
himself…”

(b) Sunan Abu Dawud: Kitab al-Kharaj
Book 19; number 2992
Anas said: Captives were gathered at Khaybar. Dihyah (a jihadi
fighter) came and said: “Apostle of Allah, give me a slave-girl from
the captives.” He said : Go and take a slave-girl. He took Safiyaah
daughter of Huyayy. A man then came to the Prophet (may peace be upon
him) and said: “You gave Safiyaah daughter of Huyayy, chief lady of
Quraizah and al-Nadir to Dihyah?” This is according to the version of
Ya'qub. Then the version goes: “She is worthy of you.” He said: “Call
him along with her.” When the Prophet (may peace be upon him) looked
at her, he said to him: “Take another slave-girl from the captives.
The Prophet (May peace be upon him) then set her free and married
her.

(c) Tabari writes: "After the Messenger of God conquered al-Qamus, the
fortress of Ibn Abi al-Huqyaq, Safiyyah bt. Huyayy b. Akhtab was
brought to him, and another woman with her. Bilal, who was the one who
brought them, led them pat some of the slain Jews. When the woman who
was with Safiyyah saw them, she cried out, struck her face, and poured
dust on her head. When the Messenger of God saw her, he said, "Take
this she-devil away from me!" she commanded that Safiyyah should be
kept behind him and that the Messenger of God had chosen her for
himself."

Recovering (booty) hidden gold treasures:

Prophet Muhammad accused Safiyyah's husband, Kinanah and his cousin of
hiding some of their properties in contravention of the terms of
surrender. He was especially angered that Kinanah had hidden the
wealth (worth about ten thousad Dinars; i.e, US$ 500,000,
approximately) that he received from his marriage to a B. Nadir girl
(i.e. Safiyyah). A renegade Jew divulged the secret of Kinanah's
hidden gold treasures. That Jew went and fetched the hidden treasures.
Kinanah and his cousin were promptly arrested by the Muslims. Then
Kinanah b. al-Rabi, Safiyyah's husband was brought to Muhammad.
Muhammad charged him of hiding his wealth in some underground storage.
When Kinanah denied this allegation, Muhammad ordered to inflict
torture on him. He was tormented by branding his chest with a heated
stake and then he was beheaded in Islamic style.

Sourcing Ibn Ishak, Tabari writes:

'Kinanah b. al-Rabi b. al-Huqyaq who had the treasure of B. Nadir was
brought to the Messenger of God, who questioned him; but he denied
knowing where it was. Then the messenger of God was brought a Jew who
said to him, "I have seen Kinanah walk around this ruin every
morning." The Messenger of God said to Kinanah: "What do you say? If
we find it in your possession, I will kill you." "All right," he
answered. The Messenger of God commanded that the ruin should be dug
up, and some of the treasure was extracted from it. Then he asked him
for the rest of it. Kinanah refused to surrender it; so the Messenger
of God gave orders concerning him to al-Zubayr b. al-'Awwam, saying,
"torture him until you root out what he has." Al-Zubayr kept twirling
his firestick in his breast until Kinanah almost expired; then the
Messenger of God gave him to Muhammad b. Maslamah, who beheaded him to
avenge his brother Mahmud b. Maslamah."' Muir writes that then the
heads of the two chiefs (Kinana and his cousin) were severed off.
Because of the so-called treachery by the Jews for allegedly hiding
their treasures, Muhammad now allowed the Muslim Jihadists to take
possession of the women and children of the Jews of Khaybar.

Allah’s Messenger occupied Jewish land:

Sahih Muslim writes:
Book 010, Number 3759:
Ibn Umar (Allah be pleased with them) reported: Allah's Messenger (may
peace be upon him) handed over the land of Khaibar (on the condition)
of the share of produce of fruits and harvest, and he also gave to his
wives every year one hundred wasqs: eighty wasqs of dates and twenty
wasqs of barley. When 'Umar became the caliph he distributed the
(lands and trees) of Khaibar, and gave option to the wives of Allah's
Apostle (may peace be upon him) to earmark for themselves the land and
water or stick to the wasqs (that they got) every year. They differed
in this matter. Some of them opted for land and water, and some of
them opted for wasqs every year. 'A'isha and Hafsa were among those
who opted for land and water.

Enjoying special Booty:

After securing paragon beautiful Safiyaah daughter of Huyayy Prophet
Muhammad has had sex with this young Safiyya in the tent, on their way
back to Medina on the same night. Here is the precarious story:
Merciful Prophet asked Bilal, the Negro crier of prayer to fetch
Safiyyah to his (Muhammad's) camp. Bilal brought Safiyyah and her
cousin straight across the battlefield strewn with dead and close by
the corpses of Kinana and his cousin. The two cousin sisters of
Safiyyah shrieked in terror when they witnessed the grotesque scene of
the slain dead bodies of their dearest relatives that they had to
cross over. They tremulously begged a stone-hearted Bilal for mercy
but to no avail. When they were brought to Muhammad, he cursed the
panic-stricken cousins as devilish and cast his mantle around Safiyyah
indicating that she was to be his own. Muhammad consoled a frustrated
Dhiya by giving him Safiyyah's cousin sisters. According to Ibn Sa'd
Prophet Muhammad purchased Safiyyah from Dhiyah for seven camels
(around US$ 2,450). On the same night (during the day her husband and
all relatives were slaughtered) that Muhammad took possession of
Safiyyah, he hastened to his tent to sleep with her. This was of
course a holy character of Prophet of Islam!

Here is what Ibn Sa'd writes: "-.when it was night, he entered a tent
and she entered with him. Abu Ayyub came there and passed the night by
the tent with a sword keeping his head at the tent. When it was
morning and the Apostle of Allah, may Allah bless him.” To hide the
lascivious character of Muhammad, Muslim biographers often mention
that he married Safiyyahh before he slept with her. But they forget to
mention that Muhammad did not follow the rule of waiting period (three
monthly periods) to sleep with Safiyyahh. He slept with her in the
same day she was captured.

Above stories out of Sahi Hadiths clearly and undoubtedly have
confirmed at least two things: (1) Prophet killed all those
surrendered unarmed Jews in cold blood, (2) Prophet was attracted by
Safiyya’s alluring beauty and he had sex with her (I really don’t care
after marriage or before marriage) in a period when that poor Safiyya
was in terrible grief by loosing her father, brother, husband and
relatives and before the bloods of her relatives was even dry. By what
yardstick can we measure the mercifulness and compassionateness of our
Prophet? Could any Islamist tell me why Prophet of Islam had to set
this terrible example?

Islamic intolerance:

Book 019, Number 4366:
It has been narrated by 'Umar b. al-Khattib that he heard the
Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) say: “I will expel the Jews
and Christians from the Arabian Peninsula and will not leave any but
Muslim.” [This single sahi hadiths tells everything about Islamic
intolerance]

Bukhari Volume 4, Book 52, Number 288
The Prophet on his death-bed, gave three orders one of them was to
Expel the pagans from the Arabian Peninsula.

Bukhari Volume 4, Book 52, Number 176
Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Umar:
Allah's Apostle said, "You (i.e. Muslims) will fight with the Jews
till some of them will hide behind stones. The stones will (betray
them) saying, 'O 'Abdullah (i.e. slave of Allah)! There is a Jew
hiding behind me; so kill him.' "

Conclusion

This article has delved with the most sensitive historical incidents
happened more than 1400 years ago. Naturally, for correct history, we
must depend upon the related sources: Quran, Hadisths and Islamic
history recorded by famous biographers. In this article I have used
authentic information from the above sources most scrupulously. I have
used verses from holy Quran, number of related hadiths as found in
Sahih al-Bukhari and Sahih Muslim; and from the life of Prophet
Muhammad recorded by Ibn Ishaq in his word Sirat Rasul Allah available
in the abridged edition of Ibn Hisham, and translated by A. Guillaume
under the title The Life of Muhammad. This is by far the oldest
(written) account of Prophet Muhammad's life in regard to the date of
its first composition.

I could not find any alternate or different/contradictory information
about this extermination of Jews from Arabia. Scores of sahi hadiths
continuously bragged (shamelessly) without any shred of remorse about
how heroically (?) the most compassionate Prophet of Islam eliminated
all scoundrel Jews from Medina.

For 1400 years all the above Quranic verses and sahi hadiths that I
have used were respected and believed by every Muslim faithful
believer without any question. No pious Muslims, respected Mullahs,
Maoulanas and most famous Islamic scholars had ever questioned their
authenticity or validity; nor did they have any doubt or disbelief on
the authenticity of Islamic historical record produced by most famous
and revered Islamic scholars like: Ibn Ishaq, Tabari, Buchari or Sunan
Abu-Dawud in Islam; rather they readily believed them. In fact, these
above Islamic scholars had been the oldest/original source of Islamic
history on the basis of which tens of thousands of Islamic books have
been compiled by various modern Islamic scholars around the world.

Now that some Islamic critics like me started to point out these
utterly immoral and heinous acts of Prophet Muhammad, some western
educated hypocritical Islamists started to disown or distort these
sahi hadiths and shamelessly questioning the authenticity of well-
accepted Islamic histories—only to do damage-control by their futile
efforts. They forget that the very ridiculous techniques that they use
to distort or to find fault with these sahi hadiths can also be used
(by same formulas) to find fault with all the available thousands of
hadiths—because, all hadiths were recorded about 200 years after
Prophet’s demise. I wonder what they can do to those Quranic verses
that I have used in this article. Surprisingly, they remain silent
about Quranic verses. This is of course, a pure intellectual
bankruptcy on their part.

If anyone is looking for a down-to-earth reason for Prophet Muhammad’s
attack on all the affluent Jewish tribes such as Qurayza and Khaybar
(instead of "Gabriel’s leadership"), then he does not need to look any
further than verse- 33:27. After all, the Meccans and their allies
withdrew (from seize of Medina at the battle of trench) without
allowing Muslims to take their wealth. So how was Muhammad going to
reward his 3,000 jihadists? He needed booty (wealth) to reward his
jihadis. The prophet confiscated wealth of Jews to satisfy his greedy
jihadis. He was following a bad custom of winner-take-all in seventh-
century Arabia. It is a pity and shame that he could not rise above
this, as the prophet for all of the world, the last and the best of
all the prophets!

Literatures:

1. The Holy Qur’an, Translated by A. Yousuf Ali, Published by Amana
Corporation, Brentwood, Maryland, 1983
2. Buchari Sharif, Bengali Translation by Maulana Muhammad Mustafizur
Rahman, Sulemani Printers and Publishers, Dhaka, Second edition-1999
3. W. M. Watt, Muhammad: Prophet and Statesman, Oxford UP, 1961, pp.
130-31; 148-51; 166-67.
4. Ibn Ishaq, Sirat Rasul Allah (Life of Muhammad), trans. A.
Guillaume, Oxford UP, 1955, pp. 363-64; 437-45.
5. Muhammad at Medina, Oxfored UP, 1956; Sayyid Abul A’La Maududi, The
Meaning of the Qur’an, vol. 3.
6. Tabari, The Foundation of the Community, trans. M.V. McDonald and
annotated by W. M. Watt (SUNYP, 1987), pp. 85-87; 156-61.
7. Ibn Ishaq; Tabari, The Victory of Islam, trans. M. Fishbein, vol.
8, (1997), pp. 6-7.
8. The Root of Terrorism a la Islamic style; Chapter 13: Terror Fifty-
two; by Abul Kasem

If you like this essay: Stumble it digg it reddit

Syed Kamran Mirza is the author of Roots of Terrorism in Islam. He has
also contributed in Beyond Jihad — Critical Voices from Inside Islam
and Leaving Islam — Apostates Speaks Out.

He can be contacted at ***@gmail.com.

http://www.islam-watch.org/SyedKamranMirza/Muhammad-Killing-Jews-of-Banu-Quraiza-and-Khaybar.htm
Steve Hayes
2012-02-14 04:27:29 UTC
On Mon, 13 Feb 2012 18:42:24 -0800 (PST), ***@satx.rr.com wrote:

The life of the Messenger of Allah (?????? ????? ??????? ??????? ????????) is
the demonstration of the teachings of the Holy Qur’an.

The Book is in Arabic language while the mankind is blessed by the Creator
with different languages. All languages are the languages of God Almighty
hence as Muslims it is our duty to learn them and make the mankind aware of
the message contained in the Holy Qur’an in the language they understand. By
discarding any language other than our own this objective cannot be achieved.
When all languages are the creation of Allah almighty they are our languages
being the servants of Allah Almighty.

Again the various arts, sciences and technologies that have developed and come
on the global canvass are to be provided guidance from the Holy Qur’an. What
is right and what is wrong in them is to be examined in the light of the Holy
Qur’an and Sunnah of the Messenger of Allah (?????? ????? ??????? ???????
????????). The exegesists (mufassirin) have been discharging this duty in
their respective times. Every age has it own problems and as Muslims we have
to meet all new challenges in the modern context. When we say that the Qur’an
is the last message of Allah Almighty and [Hadrat Muhammad (?????? ?????
??????? ??????? ????????)] is the last Messenger of Allah (?????? ?????
??????? ??????? ????????) then we have to discharge the duty of answering all
the new problems till the last day of this universe. Unless we are aware
ourselves how can we make aware others? We must learn modern knowledge on all
sides and have depth in it and then go deep into the Holy Qur’an and Sunnah
and answer the modern problems. The objectives or ends of Shari `ah must be
achieved in a graceful manner. Our dialogue must be appealing to reason and
the heart. We are not to make new Shari`at. Shari`at is there and perfect in
all respects. We have to extend its rules to the new situations and
circumstances in the manners that are lawful, correct and proper. Fallacies
are to be removed by imparting knowledge. We have with us the Holy Qur’an and
Sunnah as pristine pure knowledge. The Holy Qur’an is all guidance. Guidance
means access to the objective. Objective is reformation of man. Reformation
comes by obeying Allah and obeying the Messenger of Allah
(?????? ????? ??????? ??????? ????????) and those vested with authority.

The Holy Qur’an stresses upon tadabbur, ta`aqqul, tafakkur, and tazakkur. It
reforms body and soul. It cleans man from inner and external pollutions. Pure
food and True speech are the golden principles to become a true gentleman or
noble person.

The objective of all exegesis (tafsir) is that a man becomes successful in
both the worlds. This success lies in remaining faithful to God and showing
that faithfulness by ones conduct. The standard and model for good conduct is
the ’Uswah Hasanah of the Messenger of Allah (?????? ????? ??????? ???????
????????) and following him in all walks of life at all moments with full
sincerity.

http://munirahmadmughal.hubpages.com/hub/Life-and-Works-of-Mullah-Ahmad-Jiwan
--
Steve Hayes from Tshwane, South Africa
Blog: http://khanya.wordpress.com
j***@satx.rr.com
2012-02-14 05:56:08 UTC
KORAN commands to kill infidels:

Allah is an enemy to unbelievers. - Sura 2:98

On unbelievers is the curse of Allah. - Sura 2:161

Slay them wherever ye find them and drive them out of the places
whence they drove you out, for persecution is worse than slaughter. -
2:191

Fight against them until idolatry is no more and Allah's religion
reigns supreme. (different translation: ) Fight them until there is no
persecution and the religion is God's entirely. - Sura 2:193 and 8:39

Fighting is obligatory for you, much as you dislike it. - 2:216
(different translation: ) Prescribed for you is fighting, though it is
hateful to you.

..... martyrs.... Enter heaven - Surah 3:140-43

If you should die or be killed in the cause of Allah, His mercy and
forgiveness would surely be better than all they riches they amass. If
you should die or be killed, before Him you shall all be gathered. -
3:157-8

You must not think that those who were slain in the cause of Allah are
dead. They are alive, and well-provided for by their Lord. - Surah
3:169-71

Let those fight in the cause of God who sell the life of this world
for the hereafter. To him who fights in the cause of God, whether he
is slain or victorious, soon we shall give him a great reward. - Surah
4:74

Those who believe fight in the cause of God, and those who reject
faith fight in the cause of evil. - 4:76

But if they turn renegades, seize them and slay them wherever you find
them. - 4:89

Therefore, we stirred among them enmity and hatred, which shall endure
till the Day of Resurrection, when Allah will declare to them all that
they have done. - 5:14

O believers, take not Jews and Christians as friends; they are friends
of each other. Those of you who make them his friends is one of them.
God does not guide an unjust people. - 5:54

Make war on them until idolatry is no more and Allah's religion reigns
supreme - 8:39

O Prophet! Exhort the believers to fight. If there are 20 steadfast
men among you, they shall vanquish 200; and if there are a hundred,
they shall rout a thousand unbelievers, for they are devoid of
understanding. - 8:65

It is not for any Prophet to have captives until he has made slaughter
in the land. - 8:67

Allah will humble the unbelievers. Allah and His apostle are free from
obligations to idol-worshipers. Proclaim a woeful punishment to the
unbelievers. - 9:2-3

When the sacred months are over, slay the idolaters wherever you find
them. Arrest them, besiege them, and lie in ambush everywhere for
them. - 9:5

Believers! Know that idolators are unclean. - 9:28

Fight those who believe neither in God nor the Last Day, nor what has
been forbidden by God and his messenger, nor acknowledge the religion
of Truth, even if they are People of the Book, until they pay the
tribute and have been humbled. - 9:29 (another source: ) The
unbelievers are impure and their abode is hell. (another source: )
Humiliate the non-Muslims to such an extent that they surrender and
pay tribute.

Whether unarmed or well-equipped, march on and fight for the cause of
Allah, with your wealth and your persons. - 9:41

O Prophet! Make war on the unbelievers and the hypocrites. Be harsh
with them. Their ultimate abode is hell, a hapless journey's end. -
9:73

Allah has purchased of their faithful lives and worldly goods, and in
return has promised them the Garden. They will fight for His cause,
kill and be killed. - 9:111

Fight unbelievers who are near to you. 9:123 (different translation:
Believers! Make war on the infidels who dwell around you. Let them
find harshness in you. (another source: ) Ye who believe! Murder those
of the disbelievers....

As for those who are slain in the cause of Allah, He will not allow
their works to perish. He will vouchsafe them guidance and ennoble
their state; He will admit them to the Paradise He has made known to
them. - 10:4-15

Allah has cursed the unbelievers and proposed for them a blazing hell.
- 33:60

Unbelievers are enemies of Allah and they will roast in hell. - 41:14

When you meet the unbelievers, smite their necks, then when you have
made wide slaughter among them, tie fast the bonds, then set them
free, either by grace or ransom, until the war lays down its burdens.
- 47:4
(different translation: ) When you meet the unbelievers in the
battlefield, strike off their heads, and when you have laid them low,
bind your captives firmly.

Those who are slain in the way of Allah - he will never let their
deeds be lost. Soon will he guide them and improve their condition,
and admit them to the Garden, which he has announced for them. - 47:5

Muslims are harsh against the unbelievers, merciful to one another. -
48:25

Muhammad is Allah's apostle. Those who follow him are ruthless to the
unbelievers but merciful to one another. Through them, Allah seeks to
enrage the unbelievers. - 48:29

Prophet! Make war on the unbelievers and the hypocrites and deal
sternly with them. Hell shall be their home, evil their fate. - 66:9

The unbelievers among the People of the Book and the pagans shall burn
forever in the fire of hell. They are the vilest of all creatures. -
98:51

Fight them so that Allah may punish them at your hands, and put them
to shame. (verse cited in Newsweek 2/11/02)

-------

KORAN promises of houris in heaven:

Single-minded slaves of Allah... will be honored in the Gardens of
delight, on couches facing one another; A cup from a gushing spring is
brought round for them, white, delicious to the drinkers, wherein
there is no headache nor are they made mad thereby. And with them are
those of modest gaze, with lovely eyes, pure as they were hidden eggs.
- Surah 37:40-49

Lo, for those who ward off evil is a happy journey's end, Gardens of
Eden, whereof the gates are opened for the, wherein, reclining, they
call for plenteous fruit and cool drink therein. And with them are
those of modest gaze, companions. This it is that ye are promised for
the Day of Reckoning. - 38:50-54

Lo! Those who kept their duty will be in a place secure, amid gardens
and water-springs, attired in silk and silk embroidery, facing one
another.... And we shall wed them unto fair ones with wide, lovely
eyes. They call therein for every fruit in safety. They taste not
death therein, save the first death. And He hath saved them from the
doom of hell, a bounty from thy Lord. That is the supreme triumph. -
44:51-57

Lo! Those who kept their duty dwell in gardens and delight...
reclining on ranged couches. And we wed them unto fair ones with wide,
lovely eyes... and we provide them with fruit and meat such as they
desire.... - 52:17-22

...Reclining upon couches lined with silk brocade, the fruit of both
the gardens near to hand.... Therein are those of modest gaze, whom
neither man nor jinni will have touched before them.... - 55:54-56

Those are they who will be brought nigh, in gardens of delight...
reclining therein face to face. There wait on them immortal youths...
and fair ones with wide, lovely eyes, like unto hidden pearls, reward
for what they used to do.... Lo! We have created them a creation, and
made them virgins, lovers, friends. - 56:11-37
(Different translation) Companions with beautiful, big and lustrous
eyes... virgin-pure and undefiled.

--------

Koran "sharia" punishments:

As for the man who steals and the woman who steals, cut off their
hands as punishment for what they have earned, an exemplary punishment
from Allah. - Surah 5:38

http://www.wvinter.net/~haught/Koran.html
Steve Hayes
2012-02-14 10:10:36 UTC
Politics of Christian Identity

Remaking America Along Fascist Lines

Unfortunately, Christian Identity isn't a small, isolated ideology with no
political or social consequences for the rest of society. The fact of the
matter is, CI adherents have big plans for society - plans which the rest of
us would probably not be happy about seeing enacted. Understanding the
Identity movement cannot be limited to simply learning about their history and
current ideological position. In addition, people need to be aware of what
sorts of political and social goals they have.

There are six general political and social aims of the Christian Identity
movement: two within the law, two outside the law and two which are more
ambiguous.

Legal Goals

The two activities are the effort to bring the American legal system into
accord with the basic legalisms in the Bible and to campaign for support of
political candidates who advocate Identity positions. The hope of biblicizing
American law is not unique to Christian Identity - they share it with the
Christian Reconstructionists, an ideology which is related but not identical.
The general idea is that all human law should be subordinate to divine law,
and Christian Identity followers look forward to the day when human law ceases
to exist

A problem arises, however, when human law comes into conflict with divine law.
If they do, then a person who feels only beholden to divine law may no longer
regard human law as legitimate or binding - thus leading to overt
disobedience. If human law has no claim on the obedience of these Christians,
then there exists the risk of their engaging in violence in an effort to avoid
punishment.

Fortunately, few Christian Identity politicians manage to get anywhere and
achieve anything beyond the most local arenas. There have, however, been a
couple of notable exceptions, including the infamous David Duke, who won a
seat in the Louisiana state legislature running as a Republican. Although he
has never been clearly identified as an Identity believer, he has long
maintained very strong connections with prominent Identity figures. In
addition, as many people know, he was a leader of the Knights of the Ku Klux
Klan - and Klan religious politics typically run closely with Identity and
sometimes are identical.

Grey Areas

Two other aims which lie in a legal grey area are the development of
survivalist communities insulated from the rest of the world and the
establishment of far-right organizations which express the view that only the
most local political organizations are actually legitimate. Although local
governments certainly are legitimate, the idea that state and federal
governments are not legitimate carries with it the possibility of resistance
against governmental actions, even violent resistance.

The concept of survivalism encompasses a wide range of beliefs and ideologies
- the Christian Identity brand includes anticipation of immanent catastrophe
and, as the new Israel, they need to withdraw from the rest of the world until
the danger finally passes. In theory, they have no immediate quarrel with
civil authorities. The idea is, if they are left alone, they will leave others
alone. Unfortunately, it isn't always possible to leave such communities alone
- they potentially run afoul of all sorts of laws and regulations, from
environment to child welfare.

In addition, radical withdrawal from the outside world into an insular
community can easily engender a siege mentality - regarding everything outside
their narrow system as the realm of Satan, not worthy of either respect or
legitimacy. Their very preparations for Armageddon can bring them into direct
confrontation with civil authorities, as we saw with the fiasco with the
Branch Davidians in Waco, Texas. Self-fulfilling prophecies tend to be the
worst kind.

The radical localism advocated by Identity supporters is not unique to them -
indeed it is common theme we can find among a wide variety of far-right
groups. In fact, this particular theme is a common one which provides an entry
point for many people into Identity politics. People who share CI ideals of
localism and taxes may, over time, be brought to adopt other Identity
ideologies.

Posse Comitatus is a movement of many loosely associated groups and means,
literally, "power of the country." Technically it refers to the individual
citizens called in by a local sheriff to aid in dealing with lawbreakers. As
interpreted by the movement, the Posse and the local sheriff are the only
legitimate political and legal authorities in existence - anything above
county level is flatly rejected. Although Posse Comitatus is not a part of
Christian Identity, the same people are often prominent in both.

With an independent group of citizens in each county acting as a law unto
itself, interpreting what it saw as "God's Law" on its own in any particular
time and place, we all enter a dangerous area. Heavily armed vigilantes
answerable to no one but themselves are exactly what a legal system is
designed to prevent. Although the radical localism of Identity followers might
take on a purely rhetorical form with no serious content, it might also be
something which some extremists will attempt to enforce. In an armed
confrontation, there will be no real winners.

Beyond the Law

The final two aims which clearly lie beyond the limits of the law are the
planning, organizing and actual efforts to overthrown our current government
and the attempt to effect territorial secession, typically of states located
in the northwest. The point, of course, would be to establish a real "Aryan
Nation" which would be racially, religiously, and ideologically pure, just
waiting for Christ's Second Coming and their key role in the Tribulation.

Both of these ideas, oddly enough, have roots in a work of fiction which isn't
even Identity oriented: The Turner Diaries. It is circulated widely in
Identity circles and cited with great approval - and it may in fact have been
the inspiration for the bombing of the Oklahoma Federal Building, since it
mirrored so closely the events in the book.

Other similarly violent activities include those of The Order, which appears
to have been consciously modeled after a similar organization in The Turner
Diaries.

In 1984, members of The Order stole $3.8 million from an armored car, most of
which has never been recovered. Large contributions were made to extremist and
Identity organizations. That same year they were responsible for the
assassination of Alan Berg, a Jewish radio talk show host in Denver who
engaged in harsh criticism of neo-nazis and Identity ideology. Most of the
members were eventually killed or imprisoned.

As to separatism, there are many conflicting ideas as to how it should a
separate nation should be created. Some believe in the use of violence, but it
is unlikely that that would really work. The numbers of those who advocate
violence are few, probably a sensible reaction to the failure of violence to
be effective for other groups. Others think that only minimal force should be
used, and that political persuasion be the principal tool. Unfortunately, no
feasible political arguments are forthcoming. The only similar project in
American history was an abysmal failure and resulted in a tremendous amount of
death, destruction and misery.

For Identity believer, the Last Days are at hand and they are called upon by
God to take an active role. This has consequences for the rest of us, so we
should take notice of what they believe and what they intend to do. Aggressive
tactics from law enforcement has not yet had a serious impact upon either the
message or the popularity of Identity ideology.

The chances of violent actions from Christian Identity has perhaps lessened -
but only due to an increase in prudence, not because of any genuine political
changes. The potential for violence perhaps lies most in the hands of the
civil authorities and their choices of reactions to Identity acts.
Miscalculations by authorities will make violence much more likely, if not
inevitable - just as was the case with the Branch Davidian fiasco. Although
the Davidians were certainly not Identity believers, their social dynamics and
relations with authorities were very similar.

We have a lot to learn from what happened in Waco, Texas - and we'd better
learn it sooner rather than later.

http://atheism.about.com/library/FAQs/rr/blrr_ci_politics.htm