Israel's dirty war on Islam
Faris Jawad
2005-05-07 18:52:39 UTC
Israel's dirty war on Islam

The Israeli apartheid regime is waging an insidious war on Islam. This war,
which is only laconically reported in the international media, has been
stepped up lately.

Continued
http://www.palestinetimes.net/issue146/comment.html

Now, what are Muslims supposed to do in the face of this onslaught of hatred
and malice by many Jewish leaders, especially in the United States and
Israel?
We don't believe we should seek to emulate those sick people. Their hatred
will eventually consume them.

Hatred can't be eradicated by hatred. Hatred only breeds more hatred, and
eventually, leads to bloodshed and violence.

This is not to say that we should remain idle and do nothing about it.
Muslims from all over the globe, especially people who are active in the
media and communication sectors, should expose this looming fascism.

And there are so many kind and conscientious Jews and Christians who wouldn't
hesitate to call the spade a spade. With those we should cooperate for the
common goodness of humanity.
The Knowledge Repository
2005-05-07 19:40:49 UTC
Post by Faris Jawad
[...]
Muslims surely know a lot about hatred. Their Quran is full of it, if not
indeed based upon it.

Just look at the posts of the Muslim(s) on this newsgroup....Hatred for the
US and Isreal (i.e. Christians and Jews) is explicit.

Muslims lobbing around the word 'Fascism' ought to be careful, as their
'religion' is the nearest example of it in today's world.

This hypocrisy is typical of the Muslim mindset - blame others for what you
yourself are guilty of to put the other on the defensive in distraction.

It's transparent.

[2:89][The curse of Allah is on the unbelievers]
[3:28][Let not the believers take the unbelievers for friends]
[3:85][And whoever desires a religion other than Islam, it shall not be
accepted from him]
[3:118][Do not take for intimate friends from among others than your own
people]
[5.51][Do not take the Jews and the Christians for friends; they are friends
of each other]
[9:14][Fight against the Jews and Christians! Allah shall punish Them, at
your hands]
[9.29][Fight those who do not believe in Allah]
[9:73][Strive against the disbelievers and the hypocrites! Be harsh with
them]
[9.123][Fight those of the unbelievers who are near to you and let them find
in you hardness]
[19:40][It is We Who will inherit the earth, and all beings thereon: to Us
will they all be returned]
[33.64][Allah has cursed the unbelievers and has prepared for them a burning
fire]
[41:27][We will certainly give the Unbelievers a taste of a severe Penalty]
[47.35][Be not slack so as to cry for peace and you have the upper hand]
[58:5][Those who resist Allah and His Messenger will be crumbled to dust, as
were those before them]
[66: 9][O Prophet! Strive against the disbelievers and the hypocrites, and
be stern with them]
EllePlater
2005-05-08 13:07:43 UTC
Israel's Proclamation of Independence, issued May 14, 1948, invited the
Palestinians to remain in their homes and become equal citizens in the new
state:

"In the midst of wanton aggression, we yet call upon the Arab inhabitants
of the State of Israel to preserve the ways of peace and play their part
in the development of the State, on the basis of full and equal
citizenship and due representation in all its bodies and
institutions....We extend our hand in peace and neighborliness to all the
neighboring states and their peoples, and invite them to cooperate with
the independent Jewish nation for the common good of all."

The role of Arab leaders in urging the Arab population to leave is
similarly well-documented. Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri Said, declared:

"We will smash the country with our guns and obliterate every place the
Jews seek shelter in. The Arabs should conduct their wives and children to
safe areas until the fighting has died down. "

The Secretary of the Arab League Office in London, Edward Atiyah, wrote in
his book, The Arabs:

"This wholesale exodus was due partly to the belief of the Arabs,
encouraged by the boastings of an unrealistic Arabic press and the
irresponsible utterances of some of the Arab leaders that it could be only
a matter of weeks before the Jews were defeated by the armies of the Arab
States and the Palestinian Arabs enabled to re­enter and retake possession
of their country. "
In his memoirs, Haled al Azm, the Syrian Prime Minister in 1948­-49, also
admitted the Arab role in persuading the refugees to leave:

"Since 1948 we have been demanding the return of the refugees to their
homes. But we ourselves are the ones who encouraged them to leave. Only a
few months separated our call to them to leave and our appeal to the
United Nations to resolve on their return. "

Monsignor George Hakim, a Greek Orthodox Catholic Bishop of Galilee told
the Beirut newspaper, Sada al­Janub (August 16, 1948):

"The refugees were confident their absence would not last long, and that
they would return within a week or two. Their leaders had promised them
that the Arab armies would crush the 'Zionist gangs' very quickly and that
there was no need for panic or fear of a long exile."

One refugee quoted in the Jordan newspaper, Ad Difaa (September 6, 1954),
said:

"The Arab government told us: Get out so that we can get in. So we got
out, but they did not get in. "
Habib Issa said in the New York Lebanese paper, Al Hoda (June 8, 1951):

"The Secretary-General of the Arab League, Azzam Pasha, assured the Arab
peoples that the occupation of Palestine and Tel Aviv would be as simple
as a military promenade. He pointed out that they were already on the
frontiers and that all the millions the Jews had spent on land and
economic development would be easy booty, for it would be a simple matter
to throw Jews into the Mediterranean....Brotherly advice was given to the
Arabs of Palestine to leave their land, homes and property and to stay
temporarily in neighboring fraternal states, lest the guns of the invading
Arab armies mow them down."

And Jordan's King Abdullah, writing in his memoirs, blamed Palestinian
leaders for the refugee problem:

"The tragedy of the Palestinians was that most of their leaders had
paralyzed them with false and unsubstantiated promises that they were not
alone; that 80 million Arabs and 400 million Muslims would instantly and
miraculously come to their rescue "
JokingYou
2005-05-08 15:09:36 UTC
Perhaps if the Arab countries would provide compensation to the Jews who
were forcibly ejected from Arab lands then Israel might address the problem.
It would be a noble gesture (but not called for) for Israel to provide
Arabs compensation for their losses but since it was the Arabs who willfully
left then the should not be given a carte blanche permission to return.