Daniel's primary siddhi was empath special ability
David Dalton
2024-09-11 00:50:04 UTC
As I have posted before, primary ootws (Openers of the Way,
who I perviously called avatar types) all share some common
special abilities, but each has a unique primary siddhi.

Some primary siddhis I (mostly) posted before are:

Rama -- language special ability
Krishna and David -- music special ability
Jacob -- green thumb and animal husbandry
Moses -- sibyl special ability=the ability to communicate with the
Earth and earthlike planets and moons in the near region of the
galaxy, which enabled him to predict an earthquake and the
related tsunami in the Red Sea.
Buddha -- hypnosis special ability
Jesus -- healer special ability
Glooskap and Amergin -- weatherworking
Taliesin, Heracles, and the Havamal composer -- poetry special ability.
me -- matchmaking special ability

But what about Daniel and his ability to safely go into the
lion’s den? Did he also have animal husbandry special
ability? No, I divine that he had empath special ability,
like the character Deanna Troi in Star Trek TNG.

Oops, I forgot:

Mohammed -- regular diviner special ability, which includes a
wide array of subset divination abilities, including the
ability to go into trance and divine material, though I don’t
call it channelling. This ability is also held by e.g. the
Dalai Lama’s Oracle, Kuten-la, plus the female Tibetan
Buddhist Oracle, Khadro-la, has it at 1/3 strength as part
of her wide range magickal special ability.
--
David Dalton ***@nfld.com https://www.nfld.com/~dalton (home page)
“Mary walks down to the water’s edge and there she hangs Her
head to find herself faded a shadow of what she once was" (S. McL.)
David Dalton
2024-09-11 05:27:06 UTC
Post by David Dalton
As I have posted before, primary ootws (Openers of the Way,
who I previously called avatar types) all share some common
[...]
But when I say empath special ability I mean not just
the ability to read emotions of others but also the ability
to induce emotions in others, e.g. a calming effect on
the lion, and causing the lion to be more loving.

One living person I know of with empath special ability
is OBOD druid and psychologist Philip Carr-Gomm.
David Dalton
2024-09-11 09:18:44 UTC
Post by David Dalton
Moses -- sibyl special ability=the ability to communicate with the
Earth and earthlike planets and moons in the near region of the
galaxy, which enabled him to predict an earthquake and the
related tsunami in the Red Sea.
Where did I get the term sibyl? More from Joan D. Vinge’s
SF novels The Snow Queen and The Summer Queen
than from historical/classical/dictionary sources, plus
I don’t restrict it to women. One living person who I
have divined has the ability is “Venus as a boy” of
alt.support.schizophrenia, who thus might be able
to predict some earthquakes and volcanic eruptions.